S3 wheel center caps

Amaurydm

Reaction score
I've put the original S3 wheels on my S3 (it came with A3 S-line wheels from factory) but the center caps do not fit. Now, I think the caps look completely the same but on the inside have different clips, which is (I believe) why the s-line caps don't fit the S3 wheels.

Can anyone relate to this and could confirm the OEM part numbers for both the S3 caps and the s-line caps?

If I'm right, the S3 center caps should be 8R0 601 165 and the A3 S-line caps 4F0 601 165.

Thanks for your help :)

My caps have 2 small ribs moulded in so they can only go on one way - have you checked this ?

Last edited:
I've put the original S3 wheels on my S3 (it came with A3 S-line wheels from factory) but the center caps do not fit. Now, I think the caps look completely the same but on the inside have different clips, which is (I believe) why the s-line caps don't fit the S3 wheels.

Can anyone relate to this and could confirm the OEM part numbers for both the S3 caps and the s-line caps?

If I'm right, the S3 center caps should be 8R0 601 165 and the A3 S-line caps 4F0 601 165.

Thanks for your help :)
Can you post some pictures of the wheels and centre caps you are on about?? It will make it easier for someone to give an answer you are after..:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68
The photo below shows the center cap from the s-line wheel

...and that center cap does not fit on the S3 wheel pictured below:

My caps have 2 small ribs moulded in so they can only go on one way - have you checked this ?

I have noticed that the S-line caps have only got 1 rib and I guess that that is the difference with the S3 ones... I just wonder why Audi made these caps with different fittings! It's very difficult to find anything on the net about the differences between both. I need someone to confirm me what the part numbers are, so I can order them at the Audi centre.

Could be purely down to a slightly different colour finish - I'd have a look at Autotrader or listers etc for a car with the correct centre caps and give your parts guy the reg number from that.

Last edited:
Yeah I called them earlier today but the problem is that I bought the car second hand and the previous owner had ordered the car with the s-line wheels from factory, so the parts guy thinks it needs the s-line center caps...

This is for sale at Listers, give the parts guy this registration number it has the OEM S3 wheels on that you're needing the caps for ......

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    402.6 KB · Views: 227
Reactions: Gazjs
oh yeah! Great thinking! :D thanks!

UPDATE

For future reference, the S3 wheel caps are OEM part number 8R0 601 165 and cost about £25 each. They have an extra hook which the A3 wheel caps don't have.