1.6 mod suggestions?

NewX

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I'm new to this modding stuff and would love to do various bits and pieces to my new A3. I know the general consensus is that there's not much point in modding the engine of a 1.6 but I'd like to do a couple of small things - just for fun kinda stuff really.

Interior, exterior and engine mod suggestions are what I'm looking for! Pics for reference.

Well we can do interior & exterior audi technology & bodykit upgrades, if anything takes your interest, please send me a PM :)

Cheers guys :) I am Irish based so sadly it wouldn't be very possible. Just looking for DIY stuff :) thanks again though!

Wheels, lowering, window tints, OEM technology, newer bumpers/grill the list is endless...

Wheels, lowering, window tints, OEM technology, newer bumpers/grill the list is endless...
Cheers dude! Any recommendations on coilovers, or OEM tech? Grills and bumpers are on the list :D

Cheers guys :) I am Irish based so sadly it wouldn't be very possible. Just looking for DIY stuff :) thanks again though!

Location never stopped me :), if you have a list of things, pop over for a few days, had other irish owners do this, worked in Italy aswell lol.

Cheers dude! Any recommendations on coilovers, or OEM tech? Grills and bumpers are on the list :D

I can recommend Eibach Pro-Kit springs because I have those on my car and have had Eibach Sportline ones in the past too.

In terms of coilovers I'd recommend going with a set that have threaded bodies so you don't alter the spring rate when you lower the car and also ones that have adjustable dampers so you can fine tune the damping characteristic to suit your needs.

A set of coilovers with those features won't be cheap, however, if I add up the money I've spent trying different suspension I should have gone with some coilovers in the first place, it would have been cheaper :)

Grills & bumpers you can get facelift ones pretty cheap on eBay just be careful because you need the whole front end, wings, headlights etc it's not just a bumper job :)

OEM tech you want RNS-E, bluetooth, & cruise control as a base level...then take it from there. Nigel @NHN has done all the retrofitting on my car so I recommend him...be warned though, he likes a starbucks lol