Black Exterior Styling kit Unavailability

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
So I'm in the process of ordering my new B9 and one of the must haves on it was the black exterior kit. Audi have now pulled the option and stated that it will not be available now until the 2017 model build available from March therefore cars actually won't be available until August. ****** annoyed to say the least!

Reactions: Wes_645
I doubt you will get anything useful till it happens.
I enquired about exclusive paint with Audi direct, they said it wasn't available.
I told them it was in Germany and he went away and came back and said it would be soon as all that they were waiting for was pricing.
That was weeks ago and its still not available.

Isn't build week 22 the start of the new model year?

I was told initially that the new model build is in the Spring. But my car is build week 20 and that starts 16 May.

My dealer told me build week 20 is the start of MY2017. My car currently planned to be BW21, but I'm not fussed as I don't want the BSP

Don't know why you wouldn't want the chrome, the grille is a thing of shining beauty

Don't know why you wouldn't want the chrome, the grille is a thing of shining beauty

Agreed! But then if everyone liked the same thing then the world would be a boring place

I wonder what bsp would look like on daytona grey.. hmm

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Because I HATE chrome! That's why I changed the grille on my b8 to the gloss black RS4 one. And I especially hate the chrome around the Windows. I tried to get mine wrapped but nobody would touch it as it's 'too much hassle'. That's why I'm desperate for the bsp.

I wonder what bsp would look like on daytona grey.. hmm

Here you go -

76DEC66F-1117-4ACD-8205-42733D8660EA_zpsushbt1th.jpg

Reactions: h1r4
Is the BSP only available with the S-Line?

I have the black styling pack on my S4. The reason was simple. The chrome trim always seems to go mottled/milky and can't be repaired, it has to be replaced which is very expensive. There are some photos of my car here:

S4 - 1000 Mile Mini Review

@Keef s gorgeous Black Edition Daytona S4...

The S4 build wait thread

Reactions: Keef, ScottishA4B9 and h1r4
My B8 is 5 1/2 years old, no sign of the chrome turning milky. It looked milky in places when I collected it (new) but a wipe down with paint cleanser and a coat of gtechnique has kept it like new, never had to do anything other than wash it. That said, im itching to place an order for a 2tdiq or a 2petrol but holding off for a black kit.

Reactions: scotty76
My B8 is 5 1/2 years old, no sign of the chrome turning milky. It looked milky in places when I collected it (new) but a wipe down with paint cleanser and a coat of gtechnique has kept it like new, never had to do anything other than wash it. That said, im itching to place an order for a 2tdiq or a 2petrol but holding off for a black kit.
You've done well. It was starting to go on my 6 year old B7. Our 8 year old VW Jetta is a complete mess now. It's not metal so it doesn't polish.

Eeeek, how much?

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/quote-request-b7-s4-chrome-window-trim.166560/#post-1658845

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/corrosion-warranty-with-audi.199219/

Actually just stick "Milky trim" into the search box. This is a very common and annoying issue.

so if I look at the audi uk finance offers page on my iPhone today I can see:

"A4 Saloon Offer"
"A4 Avant Offer"
"A4 Saloon S line Nav Offer (Black Edition)"

Doesn't seem to show up on the non-mobile Audi UK website though. Initially I thought this might just be an old offer and the mobile site just hadn't been updated but then remembered there's never been a "Black Edition" of the B9 advertised, it was always just the Black Optics package....hmmmm......

so if I look at the audi uk finance offers page on my iPhone today I can see:

"A4 Saloon Offer"
"A4 Avant Offer"
"A4 Saloon S line Nav Offer (Black Edition)"

Doesn't seem to show up on the non-mobile Audi UK website though. Initially I thought this might just be an old offer and the mobile site just hadn't been updated but then remembered there's never been a "Black Edition" of the B9 advertised, it was always just the Black Optics package....hmmmm......

Actually, looking at the small print it may just be an old offer, seems to be for orders placed before 30th Sep 2015.

For what its worth, reading through some German forums it seems like it may be a quality control issue with third party parts Audi are buying in for the black optics package that are at the root of the delay.

Yeah that finance offer is for the B8 model. When you look closer the car image is the B8.5.

I'm still waiting an update from my dealership. I've told them to let me know ASAP if it becomes available. They said that virtually everybody ordering a B9 at their dealership, has been wanting the black optics pack.

that would explain the £5K deposit contribution :astonished:, and yes you're right it does look like the B8.5 - says a lot about the "new" exterior styling when I can't tell the difference at a glance if the wheels don't obviously give it away.

Well my dealership called the other day and there is no further news on the black optics pack.

If anybody hears of availability, post an update.

I don't suppose anyone has any further info on this? The latest brochure for a couple months has black styling pack as an option but it says not available until July 2016... Well that's July gone and it's still not on the online configurator (or the iPad App). Maybe I should ask dealers - may be available to order just not updated to the configurator!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm waiting to order the black grill from the dealer but it's still the same story......parts unavailable.

The configurator has to list it or the dealer can't order it. I put down a deposit early June but it's still not ordered yet. Spoke to salesman Thursday and he has no idea, could be Monday, could be November.
My gut feeling is they may hold it back till the black edition is launched although I did notice you can now order an allroad and you can spec black roof bars on the configurator.

The black styling pack is now an option on the broker sites so it must be coming soon as it wasn't an option until recently

What do you mean by broker sites? Places like Carwow or maybe lease companies etc?

Carwow, orange wheels and drive the deal did until the a4 disappeared today on drive the deal that is

Yes many cars seemed to have disappeared, maybe they are doing a dealer/price update...

@Pork There isn't going to be a Black Edition hence why the black optics pack is offered.

So it still seems you can't order the pack and therefore existing owners can't order the black grille as a part.

No B.E? Can I ask how you know this for sure?
I'm not disappointed - more relieved actually having spec'd the individual things to make a virtual black edition I was most concerned that they would release it just after I ordered! (Meaning I could've saved some money)

That was from Audi. You will also notice that on the other new models that a black edition hasn't been offered and instead individual options are available to spec them up like previous black edition models.

I spec'd mine up like a previous model black edition (privacy glass, black optics pack and gloss black interior trim) only to have the black optics pack removed by Audi due to parts unavailability.

I'm now having to get my chrome window surrounds wrapped and 'patiently' waiting for the black grille to be released as a part so I can order it.

Hopefully you will actually be able to spec the black optics pack on yours, but at the minute it looks like it's been delayed for a 3rd time!

I thought they brought out Black Editions later in the cars life cycle to keep sales going, rather than releasing everything in one go. So although the Black Styling Pack is available now (or not as the case may be) they may eventually release a Black Edition in a couple years time...

I emailed Slough Audi today and they said the Black Styling Pack was still not available to order and even said "there is though a chance it might now not be released until the 2018 MY which will be released the middle of next year.".......