Panic alarm(uk) ??

kenny_boon

Reaction score
hi all,

I recently had an atemted break in on my house for my S3 keys.

My old car used to have a function that you held down buttons on the fob and it caused the car alarm to go off, does the A3/S3 have this?

Cheers all

hi all,

I recently had an atemted break in on my house for my S3 keys.

My old car used to have a function that you held down buttons on the fob and it caused the car alarm to go off, does the A3/S3 have this?

Cheers all
Not in the UK, they have it in the states and in other countries no doubt?

Sorry to hear this mate
Not heard much of this happening in Scotland, more so the South of the border...quite worrying tbh

Thanks guys. Shame we don't have it. My old car had it when u held down both buttons for 3 sec.

I think most people in the uk moan about car alarms going off instead of actually reacting to a possible theft. As you say they were trying to get the keys from inside the house anyway would it not be better to get a managed alarm system for the property instead?

Already have one. Need a 2nd panic alarm point as couldn't get to existing as was in bed upstairs. Panel attacked to leave Manet contact intact on frame.
Anyway, was a question about car. Thanks to those who answered

To be honest - i apply the layers approach to this...you'll never stop someone if they really want it but the more layers you add the more of a pain it becomes for the tea leaf and more likely they will leave it...

-steering wheel lock
-uprated front door locks (recommend ABS Avocet locks)
-house alarm

blah blah - one trick i did when i had the impreza was if i was parking somewhere dodgy is pull the fuel pump fuse...it would start and run for about 30 seconds and die....mind the alarm on that car was on another planet!

Reactions: kenny_boon