Mythos Black Vs Panther Black

Beery

Reaction score
Hi all,

So just had a call from Audi about my S3 order - "We've made a mistake on the spec" - I thought - here we go...but..."We've ordered Panther Black not Mythos Black...don't worry we'll keep the price the same"

I'm not fussed - I just wanted black and i know Panther is more expensive but...I cant see any real world picture differences...

Anyone got any comparison pics at all?

Last edited:
Hi all,

So just had a call from Audi about my S3 order - "We've made a mistake on the spec" - I thought - here we go...but..."We've ordered Panther Black not Mythos Black...don't worry we'll keep the price the same"

I'm not fussed - I just wanted black and i know Panther is more expensive but...I cant see any real work picture differences...

Anyone got any comparison pics at all?
Panther is incredible! Lucky Lucky sod!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Like all pearlescent paints they come into there own in the sunshine...so if l ever wanted a black car Panther it would be

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
I have an S3 on order in this colour

Here's a video of Panther Black Crystal

Reactions: Wondering Soul, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Nice. :)

I did see a similar video but didn't really so as much detail.

Sweet !! That pops !!! :hubbahubba:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Nice. :)

I did see a similar video but didn't really so as much detail.
You're lucky that your mucked up order is in your favour....my salesman ordered the wrong interior and was only noticed when it arrived....waiting on order #2....which they mucked up again but I managed to spot just before it was locked

Panther has amazing sparkle :sunglasses:

Pics from my mark 2 TTS ....

Reactions: Wondering Soul, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Lucky lucky! Panther is a superb colour!
8ddc69697c82b71a43354938dbf13092.jpg

bb8ce330f76279c79ec058f7b766874c.jpg

Reactions: Simon L and SW14NY'S
Its like any colour...... completely fantastic in its own right !!

Just depends on what you wanted?

If it was a pure metallic black, then IMO this isn't it.

Panther is a dark, predominantly black metallic, but it has multiple coloured flecks (as per TTS pics), with an overriding purple hue.

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Don't want to wee wee on your bonfire, but I'm disappointed by Panther Black. It looks good when the car is clean under showroom or forecourt lights, but other than that it is just black. I wouldn't have gone for flat black, so I guess the extra cost isn't too bad over metallic but I was really excited and it's been a let down. If it came for free though, I'd love it! Congrats.

Reactions: NevMan and SW14NY'S
I was disappointed with Panther. Harder to maintain and it's more a brown /purple than a Black Black. Not for me I'd be asking for compensation if they got my order wrong!!

Real easy one this.....................Panther all day long!!

Mythos swirls n scratches to buggery..................allegedly!! :whistle2:

.............and Panther's like three colours for the price of one :yahoo:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Well Simon, considering Panther and Mythos both are coated with identical Lacquer I don't know where you got the idea that Mythos swirls etc.. As for three colours in one with Panther I agree... BUT I want Black, Black and Black!!

Well Simon, considering Panther and Mythos both are coated with identical Lacquer I don't know where you got the idea that Mythos swirls etc.. As for three colours in one with Panther I agree... BUT I want Black, Black and Black!!

..............from other members who have them!! You can lie to yourself if you like but don't bother lying to the rest of us!! lol

One dimensional paint is boring,having multiple Facets to the paint is where its at....you wont get bored with colour as quickly...Panther answer's all the questions in the little black paint book.....

Reactions: Simon L
We here ye
Tumblr inline mkxziovHOI1qz4rgp

My mate ran a high end bodyshop and he warned me away from Panther..It is Crystal !!! It's a nice colour but it's different and a ****** to repair. Mythos and the previous Phantom are PEARLESCENT not 2d black at all. the old Audi solid Brilliant Black is very flat!

Reactions: T-800
Brilliant black was a nightmare on my old 8P. Mythos is a pearl, but Phantom was metallic.

My mate ran a high end bodyshop and he warned me away from Panther..It is Crystal !!! It's a nice colour but it's different and a ****** to repair. Mythos and the previous Phantom are PEARLESCENT not 2d black at all. the old Audi solid Brilliant Black is very flat!

Rebargee...ye would start a argument in a empty hoose....as me old granny would say.... lol...chill mate

Mythos= Metallic
Panther= Crystal paint.....

Lets not get too fussed....Black is Black....its nor a colour....but Panther has tones of colour in it so.....each to the their own

Panther Black is just stunning...have it on my S3

Reactions: SW14NY'S
The way i see it in the world of black it's a two way thing................those that have Panther and those that wish they had Panther!!

Reactions: NevMan, Wondering Soul, AndyB-S3 and 2 others
my Dad used to say to me as a kid "Son, once you've had black there's no turning back"...is this what he was on about?

Reactions: Simon L and Zache
Well i didn't mean to cause a fight!

Colour is purely each to their own - I personally like the pics of panther and looking forward to it even more now

Reactions: Simon L and SW14NY'S
my bad guys...just spoke to my old man and he was referring to Cougar Black...not Panther...at ease and back to what you were doing lol

Reactions: Zache and Simon L
The sun hasn't been out since i got my Panther black S3 :(

Sounds like my luck - it hasn't snowed since i bought my land rover 18 months ago...prepare for armageddon as soon as he's traded in!

Reactions: NevMan and Simon L
My 3rd block car and next I rekon I will be going red always been my favourite colour , brilliant black keeps clean for around two days if your lucky ,

I love my panther black.
Those who are disappointed with it need to learn how to keep their car clean.

I love the purple, deep reds, brown flake pops.
A good wash, decom, Polish and seal it tight. You will never look at any other black again.

Keep it dirty and it's a p155 poor black.

Reactions: Simon L, SW14NY'S and AndyB-S3
The way i see it in the world of black it's a two way thing................those that have Panther and those that wish they had Panther!!

Three think those who think thank goodness I chose Black (not Brown)

Reactions: T-800