Cover "missing" under the engine

Arcam

Reaction score
I am hoping you guys can confirm whether a cover is missing from the underside on my RS3, the front engine cover undertray appears to have a break out panel missing, would a couple of you be so good at to stick you heads under the front and take a gander please as it defo looks to be missing to me, the white sticker you can see looks to have been attached to something else.

Attachments

• 20160103_123655.jpg
    20160103_123655.jpg
    707.1 KB · Views: 355
  • 20160103_123809.jpg
    20160103_123809.jpg
    680.5 KB · Views: 337
I've just checked mine and have the same rectangular hole, and as you say it looks as if a panel is missing. I only collected my car on Monday and gave it good looking over yesterday, don't recall noticing that hole then. I have driven it today and suppose it could have gone missing, assuming it was originally in place.......strange. I wait with interest to hear from others.

Without standing out too much I will check down at Cardiff Audi when I am there on Friday if I remember, they have a brand new RS3 with 44 miles on it.. I will check if there is a missing cover. Is it easiest to see looking from the side or front?

Thanks guys, much appreciated. It may well be a cooling duct but it leaves the bottom of the gearbox/engine sump and some sensors very exposed to the onrush of dirty corrosive water from the road.

It is easy to see from the front as it is only 30cm in from the front bumper and bang in the centre.

Screen-Shot-2014-06-10-at-4.33.09-PM-626x448.png

Reactions: AndyB-S3
I have just been to see my car at the delivery compound, I couldn't see any obvious holes in the under tray. There did appear to be what looked like an inspection hole with a cover over it. Must be the same one and yours has the plate missing

I have just been to see my car at the delivery compound, I couldn't see any obvious holes in the under tray. There did appear to be what looked like an inspection hole with a cover over it. Must be the same one and yours has the plate missing

Thanks for this info, my dealer said that their car has the hole, but that does not make them right to say all is correct. I am inclined to think this is a "bit fell off" issue.

Ive just checked my car and it is the same as your photos.

Ive just checked my car and it is the same as your photos.

Hmm interesting, it is a very crude looking cooling hole if it is intended, as you can see from my picture the gearbox casing is started to show signs of aluminium corrosion, not happy about this in the least. I wonder if this is another "too loose" part like the wheel nut covers and the inspection plate in simply falling out!