Audi A3 2008 sportback 2.0 tdi styling

Danieljoesph

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have recently got myself a 2.0 diesel Audi A3 sportback 2008 (58 plate). It is not an s line model so there are a few styling mods that I would like to do.

One of them being a rear roof spoiler... Now the car hasn't got a spoiler on it at the moment but there is a small like lip on the car?? I have been looking and am not 100% sure what spoiler to go for but have found a few. They all say they will fit my specific car, and look asif they have a small cut out in the shape so that you can still see the middle rear brake light.

Do the aftermarket spoilers literally glue/fix onto the car as it is or will I have to take the existing lip off? It is not a spoiler as such but looking at it, it does not look like it would look right to just fix something on top of it?

I have attached some pictures to try and help explain what I mean about the current part.
Kind regards,
Dan

Also, I am looking at fitting a new front grille to my car. I am looking at getting one of the ones pictured below but was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them and what are they like to fit? Do they look decent once fitted etc?

I've got that exact grill on my a3, easy to fit and fits well, only thing I changed is I cut the number plate holder down so it was shallower against the grill, and cut the centres out of the badge holder as it looks a bit odd once fitted

Orange225 thankyou for your response.
That looks wicked on there mate, mine is now on order! :) I'm assuming the actual grille won't be too difficult to change once the bumper is off? However I have never removed a bumper so not really to sure where to start?
I think the badge holder looks better how you have done it actually! What did you use to cut the middle out and to cut down the plate holder?

You may cancel your order for your grill as it won't fit your facelift model. You need 09>.

The grill's pretty easy to fit, make sure you gently push it into the correct place before you start tightening all the screws, I just used a dremel and a file, I also painted the badge holder to match the gloss black of the grill, I cut the plate holder in half then ended up with it being two peices either side about 3" long.

You have a 8P3 version which is the facelift of the facelift model lol, you need 09/10 onwards.

Grills are a different shape, the 8P3 has more square corners compared to the rounded edges on the 8P2.

Send the seller a message and explain, I'm sure they'll understand.

The grill's pretty easy to fit, make sure you gently push it into the correct place before you start tightening all the screws, I just used a dremel and a file, I also painted the badge holder to match the gloss black of the grill, I cut the plate holder in half then ended up with it being two peices either side about 3" long.
Okay, thank you for your help :)