What's this flap thing??

Tallpaul

Reaction score
Probably a really dumb question....

On my ceiling trim between the sunroof controls and the front windscreen there is a flap that folds down yet serves no apparant purpose.

I guess it's a mount for an optional extra, self dimming mirror maybe?

Anyone shed any light on it's purpose?

It is small, but it fills the gap between the main visors quite well when the sun is low in the sky.

i'm sensing a lot of love for the flap.

I'll stick to using to using iridium and plutonite, blocks the sun whichever way i'm facing :cool:

robthehungrymonkey said:
Those 2 inches can let a hell of a lot of brightness through though!

I tell all the girls this but still no joy :(

I was overjoyed when I found mine :D I'd wanted one for years in my previous cars to stop the sun getting into my eyes through the gap between the rearview mirror and the roof lining... what a Godsend! :anbet:

whats the big round leather thing,between me and the dash board, it spins if i put the key in ignition , wont spin much without the key? It make a load noise if i press the center

treblesykes said:
whats the big round leather thing,between me and the dash board, it spins if i put the key in ignition , wont spin much without the key? It make a load noise if i press the center

Steering wheel :racer:

leecs3 said:
please explain?

You can remote close the windows with your rremote by holding down the close button on your keyfob, until the windows are closed, and you can remote open the windows by holding down the open button on your remote. This will only work if you have electric windows and a factory carkey. :beerchug:

it took me a couple of months until I found that flap, have used it once since

jojo said:
You can remote close the windows with your rremote by holding down the close button on your keyfob, until the windows are closed, and you can remote open the windows by holding down the open button on your remote. This will only work if you have electric windows and a factory carkey. :beerchug:

I have to admit to owning the car for ages before realising this one!

But I found the central sun visor much quicker, and have to say it does what its made for brilliantly.

On my previous A4, I used the central mini-visor as the mounting point for the display unit of the aftermarket parking sensors I had installed: