Never let Audi wash your car!

ChrisG.

Reaction score
My rear break disk didn't seem to be wearing correctly, so I took it to the dealers as they said they would sort it free of charge.

I forgot to tell them not to wash it. Ive now picked up my car and it is washed and scratched to death. It's dark and I found scratches on 4 panels so I dread to think what I will find in the daylight.

Luckily the person I booked it in with had noted on the job sheet that the car was in mint condition, so they have had to accept liability. It now needs to be booked into there bodyshop to be sorted.

I am gutted.

Chris

It's a common national problem , such a lack of brain cells not being able to do the simple task of washing a car with care .

I am just glad that even though it was quite dark I checked the car with my phone torch.

I think that knowing the care I take when washing it makes it worse. I know every panel (sad I know). Marking it yourself is one thing. But some dickhead doing it, by just not taking care is another.

I just hope when they've fixed it you can't tell.

Chris

Reactions: DTYME83
Did they wash it with a wire brush!

It's bad enough letting them "service" the car let alone wash it!

Reactions: gingers3
Did they wash it with a wire brush!
That wouldn't surprise me or maybe barbed wire.

I think what has happened is that they have not washed the mit (or whatever they used) between washes and it had some grit in it.

What ****** me off more, is that it was ****** clean to start with.

i personally would want to take the car to a good detailer and bill the dealer , cant ne scratched bad enough to need paint surely ?

Seriously mate I'd be really ****** off to.
I'm sure you will get it sorted out.

Are you sure it's not the top lacquer that's scratched surely it hasn't gone down to the primer.
A bit of G3 should sort it.

get some of these printed for future and leave them all round the car

Reactions: tektrob, Wondering Soul and ChrisG.
Are you sure it's not the top lacquer that's scratched surely it hasn't gone down to the primer.
A bit of G3 should sort it.
To be really honest I'm not 100% sure as it was quite dark and they conveniently didn't have any of the lights on in the car park. A couple of the marks did feel and look like they were quite deep (I may have been in a ****** off panic mode by then though)

I will have to wait till tomorrow to have a proper look.

Chris

Even if it is just the top layer with damage, it simply isn't good enough. Had this fight with dealers too often.
The condition my car went to VX HQ in Luton to get fixed....

How it came back....partially corrected by me as they wouldnt accept liability.......

I'd get your own detailer to do it and bill Audi.

Reactions: ChrisG.
Thank you for all your replies.

I have contacted a car detailer in my area who seems to come highly recommended.

I will see what he says and take it from there. hopefully I can get it sorted without Audi getting it back.

Chris

I am just glad that even though it was quite dark I checked the car with my phone torch.

I think that knowing the care I take when washing it makes it worse. I know every panel (sad I know). Marking it yourself is one thing. But some dickhead doing it, by just not taking care is another.

I just hope when they've fixed it you can't tell.

Chris

It's not sad I know where every mark is on my car.
Dealers just don't care what so ever
DTYME83

Reactions: Scottyg
Thank you for all your replies.

I have contacted a car detailer in my area who seems to come highly recommended.

I will see what he says and take it from there. hopefully I can get it sorted without Audi getting it back.

Chris

where are you ?

Where in Sheffield, the nextt time I am up your way I will come and check you

I requested my car to not be washed when I picked it up brand new from the dealers, they all seemed very surprised by this and made a big deal out of it. I picked it up dirty but now I have pristine paint with no swirls because only I and my detailer touch the paint.

Reactions: Scottyg
I've spoken to Audi and Russ from http://reflectology.co.uk
I have Asked Audi if I can get a quote from there body shop and for them to give me this as a final settlement. I can then choose who to go to to get it fixed at my own risk (so to speak). I am waiting for them to get me back to me on this one.

Russ came to have a look at short notice (which I was greatful for) and said that the S1 has got soft paint so is quite easy to mark (not excusing carelessness). He would have the car for approx 3 days, but it would be even better than when I got it. He will do more work on it than Audi (at my request) This will cost me a lot more, than the money from Audi, but I think it will be worth it.

Chris

its a no brainer ! dont let audi touch it , probably get a sales guy and a bottle of t cut and his old vest !!! lol

Main dealers are incredibly rushed environments , mechanics on bonus , staff thin on the ground , staff crossing over jobs without the relevant training . Sales targets , imense pressure ( great on top of the World feeling when met ) do this , do that , we're bottom of the regional table ( never the managements fault ) !

its a no brainer ! dont let audi touch it , probably get a sales guy and a bottle of t cut and his old vest !!! lol
I just hope they settle it and don't try to dig there heels in and prolong things.

He would probably dry it with the vest too :)

This is why I always double check that they are aware they are not allowed to clean the car whenever it goes into a garage or dealership. I even put a sign up in the window saying it so there is no confusion. Unfortunately they think they are providing a decent service but they don't want to pay the cost of a proper detailer to do it therefore they just hire some idiot out of college with a bucket and sponge

This is why I always double check that they are aware they are not allowed to clean the car whenever it goes into a garage or dealership. I even put a sign up in the window saying it so there is no confusion. Unfortunately they think they are providing a decent service but they don't want to pay the cost of a proper detailer to do it therefore they just hire some idiot out of college with a bucket and sponge
Not a mistake that I will make again.

They will never see my car again, I have already found a garage that comes highly recommended. I will go and have a look but apparently they have years of dealership experience a spotless workshop and are cheaper. They will not try and wash it either :)

Chris