Help! Engine stalls, audi says brake servo is the cause?

aar007

Reaction score
Hello dear members,

A few days ago my car (8p 1.4TFSI Stronic) started stalling when stopped in traffic, just like manual cars when you're not leveling clutch and gas pedals. It did so for 3 times in a row till I started putting it on Neutral and revved the RPM so it wont go down and stall, it was stressful and annoying. I also noticed that the RPM is not stable even when the car is on Park, especially when the A/C is on.

I took her to Audi and after a few hours they told me that it's the Servo's sensor that's causing all this, something to do with the vacuum.

Now a while ago (around 3 months) I had a critical Error show up (brake/servo/ABS) while driving and as the car suggested i stopped on the side of the road, called one of audi's engineers and he told me to try the brakes cautiously for a couple of meters. So I did and after a few minutes the error disappeared, I know i should have taken it into service then but I didn't.

Does this seem logical? and if so does anyone know the part number for the sensor in question? because it's not available here and will take a couple of weeks to get from Germany.

Oh i forgot to mention that I'm from Egypt, that explains why it is 1.4 and they don't have a sensor available.