new rims idea , opinions please

gingers3

Reaction score
now

my latest idea

what do you think ?

Well at least they aren't diamond cut .

20141011_142446-jpg.42152

always thought they look good on black or red cars , will be reps though due to s1 fitment

For your red car would defiantly say black or gun metal alloys would look the best. I am a fan of the OZ style super turismo and the ultraleggera.
I believe the stock rims are around 11.5kg and of course you would want lighter than that as I believe the rule of thumb is for every kg of unladen weight you save 2~3kg

Personally id stick with the stock wheel, it was Designed by Audi's Quattro division so wasn't just chosen off the self because of it looked ok - alot testing went into making sure it was the right wheel for the S1.

Personally id stick with the stock wheel, it was Designed by Audi's Quattro division so wasn't just chosen off the self because of it looked ok - alot testing went into making sure it was the right wheel for the S1.

It's just a wheel, apart from size, offset and weight there is no difference to any other wheel that you can buy. The Ultraleggeras that I bought for my car are stronger, lighter and half an inch wider. Do your research and get size and offset correct and you will enhance the car's handling with them rather than hamper it.

Reactions: owen87
It's just a wheel, apart from size, offset and weight there is no difference to any other wheel that you can buy. The Ultraleggeras that I bought for my car are stronger, lighter and half an inch wider. Do your research and get size and offset correct and you will enhance the car's handling with them rather than hamper it.
Do you have any photos of them on your car?

Audi have diluted the RS wheels to death on lesser models but it seems the S1 wheels are still unique....ATM

I like the old rally style wheels , I'm running a set of 17" compo th3s as my winter wheels . You can get the same style in 18" as made by Bola B12 and Rota D154. Ps I swapped the crap centre caps for Audi copies on my Compos after this pic was taken. I might run some sticky summer rubber on them later in the year as It rides a bit better in dynamic with the slightly taller sidewall the 17" tyres uses.

Last edited:
i quite like this bola wheel but not sure it ll suit the car

Hi,

I only just registered and would love your advise on replacing stock wheels on my 2015 S1. My wheels look too cartoonish and would really like a deep concave or deep dish.

dd23c579f04cde7a6e5bcdf9d06a6e24.jpg

bc233b037dc26cae680f312887903731.jpg

BC Forged HC 040

Reactions: Ian Whiffen and THQuattro
wow you only get the 5 door . Audi really do exhibit strange behaviour at times

Reactions: Ian Whiffen