Digital terrestrial Reciever Question

Rev-head

Reaction score
Question Guys and Girls

I have just bought a Reciever and pace decoder from auction house........no instructions with it so a bit confused to put it together have worked out the basics for all the plugs in the back apart from modem?..........

Have it switched on it shows channels that you can select but all you get is a red dot after selecting

Smart Card is there and card in the Pace so all looks good that way

Any help would be much appreciated as i am a numpty when it comes to this sort of thing

Cheeers

The red dot could mean either of two things.. You have no (or decent enough) terestrial signal or the box is not tuned in correctly. The latter probably being the most likley.
You need to find the store / add channels function in a system menu. It will simply be a case of selecting this option, and the box will go away and search for all channels. If this still fails then your ariel may not be up to the job, or may need repositioning.

How is it connected to your TV, by SCART or the RF aerial lead? If it's by the RF lead, you will need to choose an empty pre-set on your TV & tune it to the RF channel number that the box is broadcasting on.

it say there is no strength on the signal so that wont help......scart lead connected.....another problem there is no remote for it so fannying around with buttons

Got it for £7 so willing to learn

dumb question, but is the box one of these?

these are the terrestial models. if you have something different, then it will either be for cable or satellite

doh !!!!!!!!!!!.............anybody want one for cable/satelite