Retro fitting MFSW and Paddle shifters..........

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Seen quite a few cars now that are auto and I'm edging more towards auto by the day, the thing is I've only seen 1 that had a mfsw and paddle shifters, is it possible to retro both a mfsw and paddle shifters?

I've searched on here and it doesn't really bring up much.

Thanks guys.

I've never had paddles in a jam jar before and was buzzing. Not used em more than twice, just faff.

Haha, I may not use them mate but I'd like the option to be able to and if I'm fitting a mfsw I may as well fit one with paddle shifters at the same time.

Don't follow mate? As long as the car is tip tropic in sure paddles can be added, I think it's the multitronic that you can add paddles but I need someone to confirm, new to all this as you can tell.

Yes you can retro fit. V easy job.... Unbolt old one, bolt on new with paddles, change one bit of code with vcds. I've got a multitronic (cvt) box and it works fine.... Don't need anything special gearbox wise.... Just the wheel.

Stu what about retrofitting a mfsw wheel at the same time, is their anything needed for that?

They're one and the same thing! Paddles are on the back of the wheel. Early b8 has same airbag shape, buttons, paddles and brushed steel surrounds to the buttons (and s line badge) .... Keep an eye on ebay. In coding you just select mfsw w/radio (+ tel if Bluetooth fitted) + paddles.....

Is that it, sounds so easy, thought it would be more involved than that, so need for a new slip ring, control modules etc?

Well, now that all depends on the model of your car! If it's a very basic spec it may need those parts, if s line, it shouldn't do. Someone else will be able to chime in with how to check in advance if you're concerned on that front. My s line came with no dis or other gadgets, but had the correct module and retrofitted the wheel with paddles, cruise and dis all at the same time. Dead easy.

Reactions: Dani_B19