Heater problem

zoney

Reaction score
I set off to work this morning 4AM and after the car warmed up i noticed a lot of cold air in the car even though the the temp on the climate control was set to 25 degrees . I put my hand over the screen vent and noticed the drivers side was warm and the passenger side was freezing cold !!!! so i quickly pressed the button to get the dash vents on yet again the drivers side hot passenger side cold same if the blowers on the foot well . Im guessing that one of the recec motors has jammed or died but which one and where ????

Ive just had the problem of not being able to demist my front screen as the blower vent wouldnt change position.

There are three motors that control the system. You need to remove the glovebox to gain access to them. Its easy, just remove three 8mm bolts along the top edge and two along the bottom edge. Unclip the side trim ( the part that is between the door and the end of the glovebox. When the glovebox is lowered, remove the plug for the light before removing the box.

The three motors will now be right in sight and are really easy to see and replace or work on. I removed each of mine and carefully released the plastic tabs that held them together. With the unit opened up I re spread the grease onto the cogs, as it was mostly spun off of them over the years. I then sprayed into the motor vents with electrical contact cleaner.

Now all reassembled and working like a treat.

I didnt realise that. Are they as easy to get to? It seems that its the passenger side ones that fail as I read quite a bit and saw no mention of the drivers side ones, although being climate control I suppose thinking about it its obvious really!

Firstly guys thanks for the advise
I am now wondering if i should have done both sides but as the drivers side works well maybe thats a job for another day !!!!!!!

So today
I took the glove box out today and had a look at what was going on or more the lack of what was going on . It was the middle of the 3 motors that was jamming a little help and it started to move again so quickly cleaned the rods as they had large bit of dirt attached and it seemed to work but time will tell may need to be a complete strip down . At the same time i noticed the recerc flap wasnt moving so a quick tap and that one now works. Looks like ive got a few motors to strip or replace but thats a job for another day . Here's hoping the quick clean today allows warm air into the car tomorrow morning lol.

Its funny but as I mentioned, you dont seem to hear much about the drivers side so I assume the passenger side jams due to lack of use maybe???