09 Sportback Rear Door Lock - where to buy

Mike597

Reaction score
My drivers rear door lock has given up, it opens ok from the inside but won't open when pulling the outside door handle. I've reached the conclusion the simplest solution is to replace the entire actuator mechanism, which seems to be a fairly common failure on these cars. My previous golf has the same door replaced twice and the passenger door lock on my Porsche was replaced twice as well (uses a VW Golf IV part!).

Anyway, I've searched around on everyone favourite auction site and I don't see any new parts for sale on their. I contacted audi and they want £150 + VAT + postage! Feck me, that's more than Porsche wanted.

Where else can I get a decent quality part from for a more reasonable price? I'm reluctant to chance it on a £30 used number.
The only other reasonably priced option I see is to pull the actuator out and try and figure out which bit's not working/needs lubricating. I don't really have the time for that though to be honest, just want to pull out the old part and stuff in a new working one.

cheers Mike

My £30 one is working great, i used a mirror to see when the rod was ready to be clipped back in, makes more sense when you change it.

My £30 one is working great, i used a mirror to see when the rod was ready to be clipped back in, makes more sense when you change it.

I got you. I had the cover off already and saw where the door handle / bar fits into the lock. It looks like a right ****** to get to, I'm not blessed with small digits either.
These locks are known failure points so I don't really want to get a used one...surprised there's not a ready supply of new parts though - it seems to be such a common issue.

Mine was £28 and early June it was fitted. 5 months use up to now.

Haha, please may I join the club gents...mines been like this for months now, been meaning to have a look when I take the rear door card off to change speakers but never got round to it!

So it seems the £30 eBay job does the trick? @Mike597 have you got a quote off @mjr901 Mike may be able to do a better price than the £150+ you've been quoted?

I'll be able to help for sure and beat your quote @Mike597

Need to know registration as there 09 there there is a part number cross over.

Kind Regards,

Mike

@Sayam - cheers bud :)

I'll be able to help for sure and beat your quote @Mike597

Need to know registration as there 09 there there is a part number cross over.

Kind Regards,

Mike

@Sayam - cheers bud :)

Anytime :)

I know how much you've helped me not only with price but also excellent service, only fair I recommend you based on my great experience!

Reactions: Sandra