00470 fault '09 A3 sportback

Matt268uk

A3 Sportback
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all

I've scanned my car today and have 00470 showing so i disconnected the loom from the drivers door to find alot of the wires had worn through their outer coverings so i carefully taped up all of the offending wires but on re scanning i still have the single wire fault showing. I cannot see that any of the wires were broken so then went to the passenger side,they are all perfect. Does anybody have any ideas where to look next so i can clear this fault permanently ?

Thankyou. Matt.

Hi Matt,

Did you get anywhere with this fault - I'm looking a buying an '09 Sportback with the same code showing up! Wondering if it's going to be a nightmare to get in to. All electrics seem to be working from what I could see on a test drive today.

Any help appreciated!

run a full scan and copy and clear the single wire fault and then see if it recurs. if it does then show us the full scan

@8BallAddict
No I never did. I eventually removed the door card and even replaced the drivers door loom but to no avail. I still have the single wire fault when I scan but just ignore it now. It’s never been a problem, everything works perfectly and have been told by an Audi independent that to try and find it would be extremely hard. He told Me that my best option would be to just wait and if the day ever came that the second wire gave up the ghost that it would be easier to find. Hope this helps.

Matt..

Reactions: 8BallAddict