Revo don't have a map yet

Revo is a complete software file. If you want it removed, your dealer flashes a complete stock VAG file onto the ECU, this removes all trace of the Revo file, as it'll now have the VAG file on instead. Yes once you've paid, that's it. Some dealers may charge for workshop time of course, but that's done to the dealer, so have a chat directly with your own local dealer.

what about this flag up thing that audi can detect to show a map has been installed in the past

what about this flag up thing that audi can detect to show a map has been installed in the past

Sounds like you've been listening to too many people on forums. The facts are as I said, we have never had a reported issue with a warranty claim on any Revo car that's been flashed back to stock prior to the visit to the main dealer. But again as I said, it's always going to remain a grey area as anything could change, so you need to make your own decision. If you need any further information, please feel free to give your local Revo dealer a call for a chat.

I'm right on the cusp, I received my S1 on 30th May this year. Really want a remap soon too.

Tried to remap mine at the weekend, got kicked off at 75% like described. Mine was manufactured in August 2015
Yup! Thats the new ECU encryption for you. Just have to wait for a solution from someone or go PnP

I dont see what peoples issues are with them to be honest. Ive ran one for 20k miles without issue on my derv car ( Octy VRs 184 )
Couple of my friends run s3 and have PnP and they are very quick

I dont see what peoples issues are with them to be honest. Ive ran one for 20k miles without issue on my derv car ( Octy VRs 184 )
Couple of my friends run s3 and have PnP and they are very quick

The issue is it bypasses the main ecu and ignores potential issues
DTYME83

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
The issue is it bypasses the main ecu and ignores potential issues
DTYME83
Thats not true at all buddy, you need to do your homework, They dont bypass the ecu at all. The intercept and manipulate signals from the sensors. The signals still go to ecu.

Thats not true at all buddy, you need to do your homework, They dont bypass the ecu at all. The intercept and manipulate signals from the sensors. The signals still go to ecu.

Ok, if you say so, but I don't think it's a case of saying do my homework, I am running stage 2 and have spoken to various top tuners who have pointed out the pitfalls

Last edited:

No 2 engines are the same, I would always want a custom map rather than something generic. I assume that the majority of them just fool the car into thinking that it needs more fuel/air in my eyes I'd rather have something custom mapped for my car so I'll wait. On a car that cost me £32k I don't think I'll chance it.

Plus I'm not looking for a simple increase in power I'll be taking the car to Stage 2+ so I'll need something custom rather than out of a box.

Reactions: DTYME83
I can understand if your going to go more than stage 1 that a remap is the way forward:grimacing:
On the filp side of that tho, on a 32k car would you not want to retain your warranty and not run the risk of throwing a TD1 flag on your car?

Reactions: Scottien
I can understand if your going to go more than stage 1 that a remap is the way forward:grimacing:
On the filp side of that tho, on a 32k car would you not want to retain your warranty and not run the risk of throwing a TD1 flag on your car?

At the end of the day when modifying a car I understand from the start that if I blow a turbo up as a result of different mapping or strain on it then it's coming out of my pocket not Audi's. That's just common sense, TD1 flag is something I had on a previous Audi and I never really had any issues.

Any warranty claim that you try to make has to be unrelated to any modifications. For example, if I remap my car and my spring snaps and needs replacing then that isn't related at all therefore no issue with warranty. If I have changed my suspension setup on the car and I then have a faulty ball joint or something like that then they're definitely not going to honour any warranty on it. It's just common sense at the end of the day, if my engine blows up then it's my own fault and my own financial burden not theirs.

Reactions: DTYME83 and auds2

Just a note on this to remind you that a Revo flashed car can be flashed back to stock at any time in a matter of minutes, this removes all traces of the Revo software. I am yet to see any car that was Revo flashed and been flashed back to stock by one of our 300+ dealer have a warranty claim rejected on it. We have however heard rumours from main dealers of plug in boxes leaving DTC's and traces in the background upon removal. No form of tuning is guaranteed to be safe, we all know the risks we subscribe to.

Reactions: gingers3
Just a note on this to remind you that a Revo flashed car can be flashed back to stock at any time in a matter of minutes, this removes all traces of the Revo software. I am yet to see any car that was Revo flashed and been flashed back to stock by one of our 300+ dealer have a warranty claim rejected on it. We have however heard rumours from main dealers of plug in boxes leaving DTC's and traces in the background upon removal. No form of tuning is guaranteed to be safe, we all know the risks we subscribe to.

steve , can the sps pro system be used on the s1 ?

APR have now cracked the encryption on new cars.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen and DTYME83
Yes they have I we just about to say that, according to a post I saw @Skinman

It is officially APR have cracked it. I have had confirmation

Reactions: Scottien, Ian Whiffen and PastS1Owner
It does crack me up. Audi if you don't want us messing around with the ecu give the car the power it deserves

171261ccfa9daee35571e837286fe537.jpg

Proof
DTYME83

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Took my S1 in today. It was built April/May 15 and it got kicked off at the security stage.

Disappointing really, I'm looking at APR now unless Revo crack it in the next few weeks.