Ideas for a simple Line-In for iPhone ...

vicpolky

Reaction score
Hello there. I have a B6 A4 with the Symphony II system, but with the built-in CD multichanger. I'd be happy just to able to run a neat line-in for an iPhone to play from the headphone jack, just to play the music through the system, but the only options I've seen are for more comprehensive systems that also charge the phone etc. that you plug in through the CD multichanger socket at the back of the system - unfortunately none of these seem compatible with the system that has the multichanger built-in, so I am a bit stuck.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Reactions: 鄭琪樺
That down to having no steering wheel controls? Or the RDS tuner display type? Because the site does seem to suggest it's compatible with symphony II

That down to having no steering wheel controls? Or the RDS tuner display type? Because the site does seem to suggest it's compatible with symphony II

Yes exactly, thanks for the help though. I still haven't managed to find a solution to this...

No probs. years ago I used something called an xCarLink in an Alfa 156. Tricked the head unit into using the cd changer option for the aux in

Is the Gateway lite better than xcarlink ?

I have iPhone 5S & RNS-E

Unfortunately you still need the steering wheel controls for the Gateway Lite, so not an option for me, the units use the CD changer in are no good either because my stereo has the integrated CD changer