BUL to BGB Engine Swap - Potential Issues?

BenB72.0TFSI

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently purchased a 2007 A4 TFSI Special Edition and have had a few issues so it went into the garage for a once over (needed new oil pressure sensor and thermostat).
In the process of the work the garage noted that it has a BGB engine when it should have a BUL, I was unaware of this at purchase. It does still have all the ancillaries from the BUL so should still develop roughly the same power as the BUL (so I am told)

Can anyone tell me if this will cause any issues long term? Should I be worried?

Thanks
Ben

Hi all, I recently purchased a 2007 A4 TFSI Special Edition and have had a few issues so it went into the garage for a once over (needed new oil pressure sensor and thermostat). In the process of the work the garage noted that it has a BGB engine when it should have a BUL, I was unaware of this at purchase. It does still have all the ancillaries from the BUL so should still develop roughly the same power as the BUL (so I am told) Can anyone tell me if this will cause any issues long term? Should I be worried? Thanks Ben

I'm pretty sure the ancillaries are the same, it's the internals and the map which is different, I'd be asking questions of the person who you bought the car from