3 weeks in and struggling with the steering

Hey, I can only handle one fight at a time.....
Steering AND Handling.***!

I'm a newbie to this part of the forum, gimme some time to settle in. :friendly wink:

Welcome, where are my manners.
It's not a bad car, just not what some expected.
I'm on number two, enjoying this one so far.

Reactions: perazzi
In the many videos I've seen of the S3 getting spanked round tracks vs various other cars there's certainly been grumbles about the lack of feel but I don't recall any decent tester saying they'd get a better lap time if it wasn't for the steering, it's been more about the perceived fun factor. I don't think it affects its ability but you might not gel with it and that sucks.
What can I say other than it's a well known Audi trait.

Thanks for that.
And you're right, it's about the 'fun' factor for me. And that doesn't necessarily mean at WOT all of the time.

The lap time doesn't matter to me. It's artificial, check out F1 to see what I mean.
The tactile experience is what matters. My preferences, not the machines.

I chose manual for the same reason (my preference, you're allowed your own) and it is a well known Audi trait.
It always was. I was lucky enough to own from new 3 urquattros in my earlier days and the same criticisms were aimed at them back then.

For a tactile driving experience, at pace, in the wet, nothing came close. My new car is undoubtedly WAY faster and way more competent, I just can't 'feel' it. That's a shame.

Thanks for that.
And you're right, it's about the 'fun' factor for me. And that doesn't necessarily mean at WOT all of the time.

The lap time doesn't matter to me. It's artificial, check out F1 to see what I mean.

I chose manual for the same reason (my preference, you're allowed your own) and it is a well known Audi trait.
It always was. I was lucky enough to own from new 3 urquattros in my earlier days and the same criticisms were aimed at them back then.

For a tactile driving experience, at pace, in the wet, nothing came close. My new car is undoubtedly WAY faster and way more competent, I just can't 'feel' it. That's a shame.
Thanks for that.

This will undoubtedly make for a very interesting ride then if/when it comes to snow this year...

Having had my fair share of steers including Maranello's best, I found my initial drive lacking steering feedback. I have now grown accustomed to it though.
An observation is that the steering seems to 'lock' itself in the dead ahead position on the freeway and need a determined tug in either direction to change lane then seems freed up.

Odd recommendation, but try eco drive select. For me, it gives by some way the best feel of any of the modes - perhaps least assistance? Sadly it's not selectable as a steering driving mode independently.