s3 phone connection

Daz4311

Reaction score
To connect my phone up to my s3 when it arrives...do i need anything...or do they all connect via Bluetooth.

Forgot to say...this is not for music..I just want to make and receive calls

Bluetooth, they will give you the cable to plug in if you wish to play music...but I only use that cable as a charger for my phone, all my music is on an SD card.

Let Nigel know what phone you have.

Cool....so the cable is free.i just need to let him no the make of phone ie iPhone or samsung?

Yeah mine was free, so just tell him that lol...and I got a free keyring and thermo mug :)

Edit* And free oil in a nice case to keep in the boot ;)

Jesus fella...you done well there wth the freebies. Hope I can get some free bits...but before I pick car up I need to buy
Rubber mats
Boot liner
Spare oil and coolant..
So any help with the above ie were to get ...what type ect....as normally I just buy direct from parts department??

Errr I got free mats as well :D...not rubber though! I had some good rubber mats from Costco in my old car, think they were about £17 in there, around £30 everywhere else.

Thing that ****** me was the text message alert is gash it's just a beep no message icon on the screen to tell you about the incoming text. No prompt to read....my focus system was better in this respect giving you a nice text message alert sound,text prompt to read

Reactions: xBox
Rubber mats

Just been down to Costco, they still have them in there for £16.78, like I said I had them over in my last car and they were great in the winter...may put them in the S3 for this winter as I designed my own mats and had them made up a few months back (black with red leather edges and white stitching) so don't want to wreck those!

These are the rubber ones in Costco:

Maybe an odd question, but on same subject.
If we have two phones in the car will both be able to connect , or do we have to only have one (for phone use not music) ?

Only one will work at a time, however you can have both linked up ready to go and just switch between them via the mmi.

My iPhone is connected by default when I start the car. However, if my wife is in the car she can easily use hers through the car as it has previously been connected. All you do is highlight her phone and press select, the car then connects to her phone and away you go :)

Last edited:
Thing that ****** me was the text message alert is gash it's just a beep no message icon on the screen to tell you about the incoming text. No prompt to read....my focus system was better in this respect giving you a nice text message alert sound,text prompt to read

you get a beep when you get a text message??!

is that a Tech Pack thing? I only have the basic MMI and I don't think I get a notification...is it something that has to be activated?

However, this may be my phone as I have a Nokia Lumia 930 through work and being Windows its not the best supported.