Help with tyre size plz

Sayam

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys, hope all is well.

My wheels are 18x8J ET42. On the rear the tyre rubs the arch with a full compliment of passengers and luggage, otherwise it's ok.

I need new rear tyres. If I buy the same as the front (Vred Ultrac Vorti) the rubbing problem will be really bad. This is because manufacturers don't stick with standard dimensions. Now, the 225/40/18 in the Vorti could easily pass as a 235 wide tyre with other manufacturers.

The tyres I have on the rear sit flush with the 8J rim. There is no 'rim protector' and also no stretch either.

Does anyone have some tyres on their car that are similar, and if so can you suggest them so that I can look into it further.

I've been told some of the Dunlop tyres aren't very wide.

I know for a fact that Falken will be OK but I want something in the upper tier mid to premium range.

All suggestions welcome :)

PS if you're wondering why I don't replace them with whatever I already have - they are budget tyres I got FOC so used them.

I currently run 18X 8.5J ET 42 I get some rubbing on bumpy roads car is dropped 35mm though , running Mitch supersports 225/40/18 and they have a tiny bit of stretch on the rim so might be thinner than the brand u mentioned , awsome tires too !

I currently run 18X 8.5J ET 42 I get some rubbing on bumpy roads car is dropped 35mm though , running Mitch supersports 225/40/18 and they have a tiny bit of stretch on the rim so might be thinner than the brand u mentioned , awsome tires too !

Thank you, I'll have a look at them :)

Anyone else?