New b7 owner..... Potential problems ?

Alex dark

Reaction score
Picked up my a4 b7 s-line tdi 140 last week, and decided to do the usual oil and filter change.

Unfortunately....Noticed theres a bit of oil seeping from what looks to be the Inlet manifold and collecting on the plastic belly pan..... Am I right in assuming inlet manifold is probably the cause ?

Also checked the coolant and found some coppery deposits , after some reasearch it seems this maybe k-seal or similar product, planning to drop the coolant and replace asap. Or should I leave as is?

Take the pipe off that leads to the EGR and see what it's like. They usually do have some oil sitting around the top, nothing to worry about. But it could be a split pipe or just not connected properly. Regarding the coolant it wont hurt to change it, especially if you have no record of when it was last done. If you still notice the problem in a week or so then you know to look further in to it.

You do tend to have a little oil circulating around the intercooler pipe circuit and it can collect at low points of the pipework and around joints, a bit of a weep is normal. The same goes for the air filter housing and ducting.
Coolant is the VAG G12 pink stuff and the header tank should look nice and pink or red and not look oily at all. I would drain the coolant into a light coloured bucket and see if there are any nasties in there. Hopefully all good for you.