Looking at buying S4 B6

S3_NDJ

Reaction score
Hi all

Sorry to ask this simple question has anyone on this forum also drove or owned a S3 8L ? As i currently own a 8L thats running a stage 1 at 264 Bhp. I obviosuly know the Bhp differences to a B6 S4 but as its a bigger car do they feel heavy when playing in them ?? And do they still put u in the bavk of ur seat ? Tried searching online for 8L vs B6 just to see difference....
Anyone ?

I used to have an 8L S3 and now have a B6 S4 (which is for sale!). My S3 had an AMD remap on it too. They drive very differently, the S4 feels much more solid and the power delivery is much smoother too. I find the S4 to be much less wallowy and under steers less than the S3 and as a result,, if anything feels lighter than the smaller S3 when driven fast. speed wise there's probably not much difference between remapped S3 and an S4.

Sure, here's the thread I created with all the details of the car since I bought it:
http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=956818
Looking for £6,000 with either the 19's or standard 18's on
Cheers
Hi garth thanks for the link and was a good read.... ill have a think as im unsure if i want a estate ... thanks for the link tho and hope all is well for the future (regards to your situation) :) thanks again

No worries. I know what you mean, I didn't really want an estate either but I actually prefer the estate over the saloon on the B6 now. Plus its way more practical.
I reckon the Avants look really mean when done well:
DSC_005701_zpswqveepk5.jpg

Reactions: S3_NDJ
Those alloys do set it of nicely ! and yea i agree to an extent the estate does look lovely however i have had my head set on a saloon for a while. Before my S3 i had a 1.8T B5 A4 S line (My god it was slow lol had over 250k on th clock) however the saloon has always been what im after especially as my dad has a b6 saloon.

You have done some lovely little bits on this aswell nice little touches that dont over do it at all and as this has been your baby it does tempt me to reconsider. Tbh im definatly going down the S4 route and im not spending any more on the S3 8L as i have my heart set the V8 lol. Im just a lil bit undecided on what yet. Ill be in touch if i have a chang of heart from the saloon