Help with MMI and iPod compatibilty

GPS

Reaction score
Hey

Picked up my 65plate A4 Black Edition Nav 190 a few weeks ago and enjoying being back in an Audi again.

Thought I'd try and connect an old iPod i haven't used for years but it's saying it's not compatible. It's an 80gb 5th generation Classic. Anyone able to confirm if it is compatible?

Thanks

Hey

Picked up my 65plate A4 Black Edition Nav 190 a few weeks ago and enjoying being back in an Audi again.

Thought I'd try and connect an old iPod i haven't used for years but it's saying it's not compatible. It's an 80gb 5th generation Classic. Anyone able to confirm if it is compatible?

Thanks
My 160gb classic works fine in my 15 plate. Have you got the correct cable and is it correctly inserted?

My 60Gb video and 160Gb classic work well with my 2015MY using this 30pin lead from Audi, its the purple one. Its a good quality lead and I got a 2 bags of them free with the car. It even changes the display on the iPod to and Audi logo.
IMG 4357

I received two leads with the car. One with a lighting cable and one with a USB. I connected the USB to the car then a 30 pin to the USB. Would it need to be a 30 pin directly from the car to the iPod?

Yes, dedicated lead from Audi.

I received 2 packs which included the purple 30pin version.
IMG 4358

This gives full control over the iPod's from SW controls and MMI, its very good. My 160Gb iPod is full so it allows me to carry my whole music collection with me, the iPod is permanently inserted into the carry place is the glove box.

Yes, dedicated lead from Audi.

I received 2 packs which included the purple 30pin version.
View attachment 69674

This gives full control over the iPod's from SW controls and MMI, its very good. My 160Gb iPod is full so it allows me to carry my whole music collection with me, the iPod is permanently inserted into the carry place is the glove box.

******. Are these only available direct from Audi?

@GPS
I've got a few brand new genuine sets of the 30pin lead above for sale.pm me for good price mate