thinking about ordering a s3 3door

Daz4311

Reaction score
Been looking around and it's either a s3 or the new focus rs...so going to test drive a s3 auto 2moro...now I'm looking at the options and there's loads..so is there a thread with a full list and discription anywere ....unsure what I want/need must have so all help needed plesse folks

Hope you enjoy the test drive !!

Not sure there's such a thread but there's loads of 'check my spec....' or 'going to order ...' type of threads full of useful tips of the various options available.

RS3? No!!

3 door? ........well, if you must ;)

Mag ride....gotta have it if you can fit in your budget. Have fun!! :)

If you can drive both the s-tronic and MANual :p

Also use this site before agreeing to a price https://www.carwow.co.uk/

Heads up on colour: Black is a pig to keep clean and blemish free, but looks great when clean ;)

IMG 1393

Reactions: Pulp84, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Been looking around and it's either a s3 or the new focus rs...so going to test drive a s3 auto 2moro...now I'm looking at the options and there's loads..so is there a thread with a full list and discription anywere ....unsure what I want/need must have so all help needed plesse folks

The Focus RS FULLY LOADED...is the same price as the base S3 S-Tronic.......with metallic paint/parking sensors.

Go on the Audi configurator option the car and at the end save it as a PDF...it will give you code,this code will make life easier for you when visiting a showroom/phone calls to dealers/tinternet quotes CarWow etc....

My only gripe with the focus is the naff colours available,and availabilty...of the car,Ford cant even get the orders/spec of the current ST's correct for punters even after 9 months...so l would say its march for both if you order in the next month

All black looks too boy racer'ish :)

Still a Boy at Heart S32B...had a rcz with a chrome grill hated it, but the S3'S is more subtle/classier
My original spec was sepang with chrome grill/roof rails...but no sound system so...l took a chance on a car that was built...?

RS - get a baseball cap and wear it back to front.......hopefully you're the right side of 30 to carry it. No doubt an an awesome drivers machine though. Just a bit in your face.......mind you, I am the wrong side of 30 by some margin! Think both cars have a completely different image. Bit like comparing eggs with apples in some respects. Good luck and even if you do go down the Ford route, post a picture for us here to wrap up this thread in a few months.

Reactions: Jassyo06
As far as I can tell the new Focus RS is shaping up to be quite the machine! However an RS Ford is always going to carry that Stigma isnt it.

Download a brochure - it will be your best friend.

I think the RS and an S3 are poles too far apart for trying to choose between.

If the fundamental criteria for buying the car is it's performance as a driver's car then choose the RS or something similar.

The S3 on the other hand does a whole of things really well, and looks very classy, goes fast and is a prime example of Teutonic efficiency and I really like my S3, but my fundamental or primary criteria wasn't a pure drivers car.

and if you like the 3dr, then get it, ****** what anyone else says - life's too short :)

That black looks so good but worried about keeping it in immaculate order. Decisions decisions

Yeah the power of a Audi showroom photo not many car manufacturers do it better,lf you have valid concerns like car OCD l would think long and hard about black paint?

That black looks so good but worried about keeping it in immaculate order. Decisions decisions

Yeah the power of a Audi showroom photo not many car manufacturers do it better,lf you have valid concerns like car OCD l would think long and hard about black paint?

Yep it's hard to keep clean, but with a DA and poorboys blackhole it's not too bad and gives you an excuse to clean the car often! If you want an easy life go for white as it hides most things easy!

No showroom lights here :)

2-jpg.65513

IMG 1878
IMG 2484

Reactions: Pulp84 and Jassyo06
lol optional upgrades them :)

Edit* Got me thinking looking at that why we had more than one! Then remembered next door were away so we put theirs with ours ready to go out...threw me for a min :)

I think the RS and an S3 are poles too far apart for trying to choose between.

If the fundamental criteria for buying the car is it's performance as a driver's car then choose the RS or something similar.

The S3 on the other hand does a whole of things really well, and looks very classy, goes fast and is a prime example of Teutonic efficiency and I really like my S3, but my fundamental or primary criteria wasn't a pure drivers car.

and if you like the 3dr, then get it, ****** what anyone else says - life's too short :)

Spot on.
I have a 3dr manual S3, biased but the best combo IMO. Very little comes close for ease of going very quickly and efficiently. RS\TypeR for me is too in ya face.......

Spot on.
I have a 3dr manual S3, biased but the best combo IMO. Very little comes close for ease of going very quickly and efficiently. RS\TypeR for me is too in ya face.......
Black is hard to keep clean but if you keep on top it's easy
3 door manual for me