Remap my S3? OBD/Tricore?

Matthew_S3

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking into remapping my S3...

Firstly its a 64plate registered in Jan 15. Is it OBD or Tricore protected?

And secondly, I've been offered £170(OBD) or £200(Tricore) to have it done and they claim gains up to 365bhp/480nm. This seems A LOT of gain, is it a load of horse s@*! or is that about right?

Finally, where did you get yours done and has it interfered with drive select/launch control etc?

Thanks guys!

370-380 should be possible by a stage 1 tune, both Revo and APR are offering figures in this ball park. Not heard of Tricore but an OBD flash is possible up to Apr/May 2015 when the ECU encryption was changed although I hear on the grapevine that a tuning company in the States now claims to have cracked this.

I have Revo on mine and drive select/launch all work as per the standard car.

£599 + VAT :eek:

One could argue that Revo spend a lot on R&D compared to a local company.

Just had mine flashed with an APR stage 1 at awesome near Manchester....

Transformed the car, I was cheeky and asked for discount otherwise off to REVO, they gave me 20% discount ;-)

Worth every penny, amazing machine now, and from a trusted provider with millions available for R&D......always go with a reputable tuner over price, otherwise you end up paying twice!!!

Can i ask how much you paid for your map rob? i've looked at both revo and apr with the apr coming in at £753! and the revo at £599.

Cheers.
370-380 should be possible by a stage 1 tune, both Revo and APR are offering figures in this ball park. Not heard of Tricore but an OBD flash is possible up to Apr/May 2015 when the ECU encryption was changed although I hear on the grapevine that a tuning company in the States now claims to have cracked this.

I have Revo on mine and drive select/launch all work as per the standard car.

Can i ask how much you paid for your map rob? i've looked at both revo and apr with the apr coming in at £753! and the revo at £599.

Cheers.

Think there's the dreaded VAT to go on that Revo price too not sure about the APR price ?

I had mine done earlier this month at the Edition 38 show which had a decent show discount applied to it. There's a thread called Revo group buy or something similar think a dealer up North somewhere is offering 30/35% off sometime soon.

I would be going to a reputable firm (APR, REVO) or a very well known independent r-tech or Rick at unicorn.

Mmm, if I'd spent the best part of thirty five (or more) grand on a car I'd be looking for something that has a fair amount of R&D backing it. Especially as your going to lose your warranty should an engine issue occur.

I've managed to talk MW Performance (Superchips) down to £299 inc VAT from £379 due to being a previous customer!!! I've been with them before for my A5 and did a good job so I know I can trust them. Half the price of Revo without VAT - If anyone is looking for somewhere I recommend them from my A5 days. I'll let you know how the S3 turns out, I'm booked in for next week.