Potential S3 order

Audi S3 + Advanced Key = Recipe for Disaster!!

S3's are extremely Desirable Cars as it is, Adding Keyless Entry will only make it more likely to get Stolen!

Save the money or Add another Option!

Audi S3 + Advanced Key = Recipe for Disaster!!

S3's are extremely Desirable Cars as it is, Adding Keyless Entry will only make it more likely to get Stolen!

Save the money or Add another Option!

tumblr_inline_moex25NQYj1qz4rgp.gif

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Blackwhite

You might feel differently if your Pride & Joy was taken from you!!

I first had Keyless Entry on my Focus RS & found it a great feature for Convenience. I then had it(Advanced Key) on my RS4 & again, makes life abit easier..............unfortunately, by this time the Criminal element also had the Equipment to crack it, allowing them to take your Car without your own keys!

I was Devastated when it was Stolen & even with Manufacturers Updating Software to Improve the Security on it, the Criminals will also have the Updates within a few weeks!

I guess if you were Buying a 2nd hand Car that had a good Spec of Options, the Deal was great & it happened to have Advanced Key on it, its something you could probably except, but if your Buying New & your having to Pay extra, I really wouldn't Recommend Keyless on it!

I think if thieves aka semi pro or even the opportunist that walk into your house late evening want/try to steal your car they will,whether they succeed or not is just down to chance.

Reactions: Simon L
I think if thieves aka semi pro or even the opportunist that walk into your house late evening want/try to steal your car will they will,whether they succeed or not is just to down chance.

^^^^^^^^^^^.......and this I'm afraid is the long and short of it. It's a numbers game.

Feel sorry for any victim of crime but at the end of the day these choices should be left to those of reasonably sound mind to decide themselves (no winkies this time...........lol)

I think if thieves aka semi pro or even the opportunist that walk into your house late evening want/try to steal your car they will,whether they succeed or not is just down to chance.

I'd agree there!

I just feel that things like Advanced Key do Increase the Risk of it being Stolen, by some margin, specially if your Car is left on the Driveway all night!

Personally, I'd prefer to make it as difficult as possible for a Criminal, as you cant just keep Claiming off your Insurance each time...........becomes Unaffordable in the end to have a nice Car!

I guess if you have the Facility to Garage you Car every night, it doesn't really matter whether you have Advanced Key or not!

Last edited:
Really..lol so whats your final,final,final...car/colour
Lol yeh, tell me about it. The gf is pulling her hair out about it all. Same as front screen other than led lights and re re added keyless...yes, re re added ha. Just want to nail the spec

Reactions: Blackwhite
Mythos black
3 door
S tronic
Sport seats
Privacy glass
Black pack
Red callipers
Comfort pack
Led lights
Advanced key
Hold assist
Black inlays
Folding mirrors
B and o
Interior light package

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
Good news from the dealer ha. Suits me just fine January

Hi Fraser,

The reason for the delay is the system wouldn’t allow us to order the car as the factory was planning for model year 16, which yours will now be. Good news is, it will now have SD card navigation as standard however, it will more than likely be January before it is here, sorry.

Thanks

Trust Me (and you also) change the colour..... Black looks the Nuts is a showroom but after having 3 black cars (and each time I said "never again") trust me you will say "Never Again" once your on the open road!

Yeah l would ditch the SSS in of Lieu Lunar silver leather aswell........would look awesome with black...or Sepang...:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:.another £800 bangers saved, and go for the Tech/pack...or Panoroof

Trust Me (and you also) change the colour..... Black looks the Nuts is a showroom but after having 3 black cars (and each time I said "never again") trust me you will say "Never Again" once your on the open road!

Ha I've had a black car before, awesome colour, looks so aggressive. What I like about the black pack, tints etc. But I do know where you are coming from...it's a down right ****** to keep clean. I have kept my eagle eyes out in black cars and they don't look to bad at the moment, but I know fine by winter they are going to be a damn mess. Especially all those swirls :( 3 bucket method too far?!

Yeah l would ditch the SSS in of Lieu Lunar silver leather aswell........would look awesome with black...or Sepang...:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:.another £800 bangers saved, and go for the Tech/pack...or Panoroof

I did see a 3 door black with lunar silver leather pass my parents the other day and it did look the dogs. I'm a bit of a sh*te bag/scardey cat to commit to something like that if I have to put up with it for three years ha. So need to pop in to see sepang in the flesh!!!

Reactions: Jassyo06
I did see a 3 door black with lunar silver leather pass my parents the other day and it did look the dogs. I'm a bit of a sh*te bag/scardey cat to commit to something like that if I have to put up with it for three years ha. So need to pop in to see sepang in the flesh!!!

Sepang..........he who hesitates...get's ******=gates closed on changing spec

Reactions: FBF01
Sepang..........he who hesitates...get's ******=gates closed on changing spec

I know, old man thinks il regret it. Lad at Stirling Audi has a car coming in next week...mythos black, black pack, rear tints and red calipers...so spot on what I've ordered visually. So if I'm not a fan I will be able to change as car won't be ready till Jan.

I know, old man thinks il regret it. Lad at Stirling Audi has a car coming in next week...mythos black, black pack, rear tints and red calipers...so spot on what I've ordered visually. So if I'm not a fan I will be able to change as car won't be ready till Jan.
l am in *** end of Cumbernauld..castlescary...lol.have a gander at my car mate...anytime yer passing

Reactions: FBF01
Just out of interest...not many red calipers on here. Tempted to bin them for keyless. Keep red calipers with mythos black or change for keyless?