Front Wings

Euans2

Reaction score
Evening all.

Both my front wings are starting to show sings of the dreaded rust, I had the car in at Audi today for a warranty inspection and they said that both front wings have had work done on them in past so they will not warranty them.
I was wondering if anyone has replaced both front wings before and roughly how much did it cost?

Cheers

Have a look at ebay. You will probably be able to find two good wings in the same colour. Normally around £50 each. Look for "breaking audi a4 b7" It will be more expensive to prep and spray yours.

Evening all.

Both my front wings are starting to show sings of the dreaded rust, I had the car in at Audi today for a warranty inspection and they said that both front wings have had work done on them in past so they will not warranty them.
I was wondering if anyone has replaced both front wings before and roughly how much did it cost?

Cheers
Same old responce, I had that even though the repairs were done at an audi dealer!

I'll keep an eye on eBay but also quite happy to buy new so long as it's not astronomical prices.

I kind of expected that answer from Audi Edinburgh, I don't think i'll be taking my car back there, they wanted £400 to do an alignment adjust because my 2 rear adjusters have seized, my local garage had freed them up 3 weeks ago when I got my new springs fitted with a bit of heat

Mine went as well. I just took a flap wheel to them and got them back to bare metal then treated with rust neutraliser and acid etch primer. I then gave them a good coat stone chip which you can sand the edge smooth to get a nice blended joint, then a coat of colour. Turned out great and will hopefully last for a good few years. Mine are rolled which helped and the corrosion hadn't quite hit the outer edge where the lip meets the wing but if you catch it quick and are carefull with your masking you can avoid any visible lines or joints.

I think mines are past the point of no return on the inner lip which has now stared to bubble on the outer, its not bad to look at yet but it is annoying.

I've emailed a guy on ebay who is breaking one which looks to have good wings, just waiting on him getting back to me