New S5 just arrived...some pics included

Niall_s5

Reaction score
So after 6 weeks waiting my S5 finally arrived last week.

Car is amazing and couldn't be happier with it, some of the toys I got added were not on the test car I drove and I've found them to be making a real difference as well which is great.

Some of the more notable extras
  • Damper Control
  • Dynamic Steering
  • Sports Diff
  • Drive Select (obviously!)
I'm finding the flappy paddles fun but to be honest when i knock it down into S on the transmission it does a far better job than me so this is normally my goto mode now when I want to get racey!!

Anyway I'll stop waffling now and let you look at the pictures, very pleased with the Sepang Blue as I was on the fence with that one.

20150906 122131 20150906 122142 20150906 122151 20150906 122203 20150906 122218 20150906 122254 20150906 122301 20150906 122355 20150906 122403 20150906 125144 20150906 125156

Reactions: Scottyg, Bristle Hound, THQuattro and 3 others
Simply stunning. Enjoy to the max :)x

Argh! Just placed my order for my Sepang Blue S5 Black Edition! Got an estimate of December at the moment :(

Looks stunning mate. Pictures confirm that Sepang was the right choice (couldn't decide between Daytona Grey or Sepang..).

Enjoy mate!

Argh! Just placed my order for my Sepang Blue S5 Black Edition! Got an estimate of December at the moment :(

Looks stunning mate. Pictures confirm that Sepang was the right choice (couldn't decide between Daytona Grey or Sepang..).

Enjoy mate!

Oh waw December!! I feel your pain bro. To be fair Audi estimated me just over 2 months from placing of the order but they turned it around in just under 6 weeks which I felt was pretty impressive.

Sepang Revolution!! :superman:

Did you spec any extras?

Oh waw December!! I feel your pain bro. To be fair Audi estimated me just over 2 months from placing of the order but they turned it around in just under 6 weeks which I felt was pretty impressive.

Sepang Revolution!! :superman:

Did you spec any extras?

Yea hoping for November time really. Fingers crossed!

Yea I added folding mirrors and tech pack. Couldn't afford anything else! Would love the other bits you've added but I just couldn't stretch my budget, despite the very good discounts on the 5's at the moment.

Yea hoping for November time really. Fingers crossed!

Yea I added folding mirrors and tech pack. Couldn't afford anything else! Would love the other bits you've added but I just couldn't stretch my budget, despite the very good discounts on the 5's at the moment.

Yeah still a really great car...period!

I'm finding the flappy paddles fun but to be honest when i knock it down into S on the transmission it does a far better job than me

The main reason to use M is to shift higher. I agree that the s-tronic is great but even in S it shifts up too soon to get maximum performance.
Also you may not yet have had the chance to notice it but if you have the engine in dynamic mode it is more responsive, so performance in for example ADS auto but knocking the gearbox into S, is not as good as selecting ADS dynamic. This may affect how you set up ADS individual.

The main reason to use M is to shift higher. I agree that the s-tronic is great but even in S it shifts up too soon to get maximum performance.
Also you may not yet have had the chance to notice it but if you have the engine in dynamic mode it is more responsive, so performance in for example ADS auto but knocking the gearbox into S, is not as good as selecting ADS dynamic. This may affect how you set up ADS individual.

I had actually noticed dynamic seemed more responsive but wasn't sure if i was imagining that so good to know!!

Yeah i'm still getting used to full manual but your def right, i'm a bit of a noob on flappy paddles and still find myself having to look down at the gear im in which is quite hard for me to see with my driving position. I kinda wish i could have it up on the main board instead of the mph :)

You'll get used to it. You will already have noticed that the box is always trying to get into a high gear whenever possible, especially in D mode. Whilst this might be good for economy, its not so good for performance. However what it means is that 9 times out of 10 when you switch from D or S to manual, doing so by pulling the left paddle and changing up won't send the revs screaming. Ideally you'll want it to be about 3000rpm to take best advantage of the S/C boost.

I suspect that the gearbox remap that the likes of MRC and APR do make S mode much better and probably mean that the desire to use manual is reduced. Maybe I'll find out myself one day when there is a tuning package available for "B8.51" cars.

So after 6 weeks waiting my S5 finally arrived last week.

Car is amazing and couldn't be happier with it, some of the toys I got added were not on the test car I drove and I've found them to be making a real difference as well which is great.

Some of the more notable extras
  • Damper Control
  • Dynamic Steering
  • Sports Diff
  • Drive Select (obviously!)
I'm finding the flappy paddles fun but to be honest when i knock it down into S on the transmission it does a far better job than me so this is normally my goto mode now when I want to get racey!!

Anyway I'll stop waffling now and let you look at the pictures, very pleased with the Sepang Blue as I was on the fence with that one.

View attachment 68121 View attachment 68122 View attachment 68123 View attachment 68124 View attachment 68125 View attachment 68126 View attachment 68127 View attachment 68128 View attachment 68129 View attachment 68130 View attachment 68131
@Niall_s5 - New S5 looks fab buddy :thumbs up:

Do like that colour ;)

Ah man I miss my S5....mine was in Sprint Blue just before Sepang came out. Only recently sold it but boy was it a great car.

Niall enjoy it (sure you will!)

Really nice car Niall and another Sepang, makes my decision to order a Sepang BE definitely the right one. Mine is due end of November and at the moment seems like it won't be coming any sooner!

I am in serious danger of losing my license with this thing lol :racer:

Safe to say there is no shortage of people queuing up to be my chauffeur!!!

The most perfect color combo... You sir are my idol and the more I see them the more I yearn for the S5, need my 3l TDI mapped first.

To do with the flappy paddles I vagcom'd my S-Tronic so it's in permanent sport mode (cheats way if you don't have ADS) it's so much more responsive revving 500rpm more so it's always on the pull when corning at low speeds (in Drive it's painfully sluggish!), and I have it in manual 90% of the time as I miss the manual control and plus I do like to push up a gear when going the speed limit so you save the fuel.

Reactions: Audib5fan