car breaks down again advice please

sakib

Reaction score
Hi all i had a similar problem a month ago where my clutch pedal went to the floor and had clutch master cylinder replaced and was fine. But i have just come back from a weeks holiday at skegness done 350 miles round trip and luckily i was 2 streets from home and my clutch pedal goes to floor again !!!!! What can the problem be now . There is no pump in the clutch pedal what so ever you help would be great!

No fluid under car and i removed bleed nipple on top of gearbox and got somone to pump clutch pedal but no fluid just air comes out

checked brake fluid level too and its full

Had the pedal actually broken? Any bits of plastic or metal in the footwell?

No am familiar with the weak weld on clutch pedal its not that. I got a feeling master cylinder has gone again only had it replaced 4 weeks ago. And only air comes out of bleed nipple on top of gearbox /slave cylinder, and no brake fluid loss also

Take it back to whoever did the job and get them to do it again, the system needs to be pressure bled, not by pumping the pedal, but the pressure must not be more than 15psi as it has been known to blow the seals.

Any links on bleeding the system would be great. And yes booked in for monday with the garage who did work on it

Had it pressure bled and work a few 10 times pumping clutch then flops on me again looked underneath car and this time i could see oil dripping ..... can anyone confirm if its the slave cylinder ?? Thanks

Had it pressure bled and work a few 10 times pumping clutch then flops on me again looked underneath car and this time i could see oil dripping ..... can anyone confirm if its the slave cylinder ?? Thanks
Yes slave cylinder failure.
I sound like a **** now but that also happened to me and has just happened to oly on here too. We both had failures with Sachs slave cylinders. I switched to a luk one. Might be seeing a trend here

Just bought a luk slave cylinder hopefully get it fitted tmorow is it possible to remove gearbox with out removing transfer box?

Which type of clutch slave cylinder do i need the clutch slave thats sticks out of the gearbox where bleed nipple is or the concentric slave ??

Which type of clutch slave cylinder do i need the clutch slave thats sticks out of the gearbox where bleed nipple is or the concentric slave ??
There is only one for the 02m, it's a concentric slave cylinder. Sticks out of the gearbox and the bleed nipple block clips onto it

d497b47c9bfe85eefbe24e45b4bc20b4.jpg
e764fc8949b9b0debe53e54856131cf8.jpg

Aaaah ok the one in the picture is the one he showed me but i said its not that so he had to order the slave cylinder lol so i will have to go back tomorow and get the one in picture . Also he asked me if mine is with gear linkage or cable i told him i have gear linkage am guessing he meant them two linkages on top of gearbox

So what is this as this is the one i thought i needed??

Attachments

• 1j0721261h.jpg
    1j0721261h.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 100
I am getting confused now lol i havent bought the part yet need to confirm which one exactly i need

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-31-18-17-51.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-31-18-17-51.png
    245.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_2015-08-31-18-18-20.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-31-18-18-20.png
    719.5 KB · Views: 103
Is the fluid ******* out of the bottom of the bell housing? The concentric slave is on the gearbox, which is he bottom one and the one I pictured.
That top one you are confused about is probably the cylinder at the pedal end, which I'm guessing isn't leaking?

I have had the master cylinder replaced about a month ago the one behind clutch pedal and fluid is coming from under gearbox now

This is what i had changed a month ago the master cylinder which goes behind the clutch pedal

Attachments

• $_35.jpeg
    $_35.jpeg
    10.4 KB · Views: 87
i done both on mine last month pal, part number for the slave was 645440010 / 136440160 for master from euro parts