A3 tdi boost gauge help

Davelh

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am having the most frustrating time getting my boost gauge to work, I got it to light up but it will not shut off when car is not on I am wiring it from the fuse box on the drivers side? Is this correct I have 4 cables in total

Red= constant power
White= illumination
Orange=ignition (any power when car is on)
Black= ground

But i cart seem to get it to work, and I need some help on where to put the boost pipe from under the bottom? I been researching and people put it from the egr pipe, but to be honest I don't really want to be drilling into it, so is there anywhere else that it can be taken from, here's some photos of what I got at the moment

Can't help but I do have a question were did you get the ring to hold it in mate?

When you say you can't get it to shut off do you mean it's constantly on when the key is out the ignition because it seems you have got constant live going to your switched live have you tried putting the red wire to a switched live instead of a constant live see it that helps

When you say you can't get it to shut off do you mean it's constantly on when the key is out the ignition because it seems you have got constant live going to your switched live have you tried putting the red wire to a switched live instead of a constant live see it that helps
Yeah that's what I mean, and yeah I'll try that tomorrow, which fuse would you recommend to put the red to? I hate car wiring frustrating as hell

I'm not sure on that one bud I've got an a4 so I'm sure the a3 is different but if you can get hold of a multimeter and see what lives you got at the fuse box when ignition is on and dies when the ignition is off

Okay buddy, I was trying that today but think the multimeter was knacked, so have to pick one up cheers matey for your time and help :)

No worries mate any probs I'll always try and help

I'm planning on having a gauge in mine as well, would you mind doing a step by step on what you done ? Message me or put it on here, how did you get the inners out of the air vent ? What size boost pipe are you using ?

As for your problem, if you search boost gauge up on here there is another thread with a link in it showing the gauge being put in a a3 and what fuse he put the live and switched live into, would add it in but can't remember where I seen it !

On the tdi you need to tap into the main boost pipe like I did!

Unless you do an egr delete which I've done now!

I'm planning on having a gauge in mine as well, would you mind doing a step by step on what you done ? Message me or put it on here, how did you get the inners out of the air vent ? What size boost pipe are you using ?

As for your problem, if you search boost gauge up on here there is another thread with a link in it showing the gauge being put in a a3 and what fuse he put the live and switched live into, would add it in but can't remember where I seen it !
I sure will buddy still haven't had time to do it but going to have a good today as weather is beautiful I'll try my best to get as much info as possible :)

To hold the gauge In?
The sliver ring on the outside is the ring that's already on the standard air vent buddy and it's just the rest of the gauge that as the other one, and when it's finished I'll probably just use abit of clear silicone inside the vent to make sure it doesn't move

On the tdi you need to tap into the main boost pipe like I did!

Unless you do an egr delete which I've done now!
I seen this but don't like the idea, so I am going with a egr delete I think I am abit of a ocd and like things to look oem :)