A3 S Line fog lights

MarkyH

Marky
Reaction score
Just noticed the other night how rubbish the standard front fogs look with the xenon lights. Anybody know if you can buy and fit LED bulbs so they match - surely these should be standard?

Just noticed the other night how rubbish the standard front fogs look with the xenon lights. Anybody know if you can buy and fit LED bulbs so they match - surely these should be standard?
I got a set from a forum member. Send TUPS a message. Simple to change.

White light and Fog don't go together which is why they are yellow'ish as standard.

I got a set from a forum member. Send TUPS a message. Simple to change.

White light and Fog don't go together which is why they are yellow'ish as standard.
Simple to change? I tried to do this a few weeks back and I can't even get the sodding casing off

Simple to change? I tried to do this a few weeks back and I can't even get the sodding casing off
In the supplied tool kit there is a funny looking bent bit of metal, like a keyring loop with a bit sticking out. When you look at the fog light surrounds you will see a small hole in the front. Put the tool in there and use it to pull / ease off the surround. Takes a little time and a fair bit of force. Once the surround is off you can unscrew and remove the fog light unit. You now have access to the rubber build holder. Twist it to remove, might need to use a little force. Pull bulb out of holder to change.

Cheers changed bulbs today and they do look miles better but not tried in the dark or fog yet. It did take a fair bit of effort to get the plastic covers off as felt like I might break something but all good now. Cheers t8ups. .

Reactions: DJAlix
It is much better with new bulbs. One thing I noticed tho, with my car anyway, is that when standing close it looks like the fog bulbs are not the same colour as the DLR's. When I stood a lot further back I could see that the bulbs were in fact the same colour (maybe 5/10% off) but the reflectors in side the fog unit seem to be a little tinted and affect the light. Do you notice this with yours?

Yeah I noticed that they seem to have a blue tint close up but from further back they do look similar to the DLR's. Yet to try them in the dark.