Front plate blank

• Thread starter Deleted member 85022
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 85022

has anyone found anything suitable to blank a front plate recess on a b6 bumper? I've seen some photos of US spec cars with blanks in, but never found a part number?

If anyone could help that would be amazing!

I've seen one, or two cars fitted with them (in pictures), but I've no idea where you can get them from. I don't even know how you would attach one to be honest as there are no lips, or holes to clip it in to?

I did think this too. I think I've found a part number so I'm going to try my luck at Audi with it and see what comes up. I will keep this posted as I'm sure other people will be interested.

Part number seems to be 8E0807977GRU, give it a Google

I looked into this a while back and thought its not worth the hefty price tag

Found a dealer which had one in stock, £70. Ordered it and will give it a go and report back!

I've just had a google on this. Like its been said how does it clip in? I would like something like this

I will be able to report back on Monday/Tuesday. And let you know how it goes.

So the part arrived today, and I started to work on getting it fitted. I cut the tabs off and had to take back some of the lip along the top edge so that it sits well in the s line recess. Once I get it colour coded to the bumper it should look spot on. I bonded in the old licence plate as well so that there were more surface area for it to be attached to the car.

I will post pictures soon, but I think it's gone well. Certainly easier than smoothing the bumper and probably cheaper at £70 plus some silicone sealant and licence plate tape.

11830834 10156063219475107 719293428 n

mine

not the biggest fan of that, might look better smoothed in

Finished spraying it up last night, so hopefully I'll get it on tonight!