S3 windows steaming up

Jtaylor

Reaction score
So returning to the car after the rain lately, the windows are all steamed up and it feels warm inside and as if the seats are on a low heat setting. This is after been parked up for 6 hours and also overnight. Anybody else had this? Can't figure it out I've checked the carpets aren't wet etc

So returning to the car after the rain lately, the windows are all steamed up and it feels warm inside and as if the seats are on a low heat setting. This is after been parked up for 6 hours and also overnight. Anybody else had this? Can't figure it out I've checked the carpets aren't wet etc

Has the Windscreen ever been replaced? As I know that this can be a cause for this if it hasn't been resealed properly. It might be just due to humidity in the air as well.

Not that I know of will have a look if it's still audi original glass

Mine does this. Most recently upon returning to the car this evening after it being parked since about 2pm in the sun. Had a little rain after the sun went down but car was dry when I got back to it. Whole windscreen was steamed up and the rear window, took less than 30 seconds to get rid of with the air con. My screen was replaced a few days after picking the car up courtesy of a grit spreader!

I had this happen a lot in my A3 - found that keeping the door seals clean with an Einszett Gummi Pflege stick helped, as did hanging one of those Damp Rid things up on the rear handle over the door for a bit after rain. It's been raining here a lot the last few weeks and I had one in last night and this morning there was quite a bit of water in the bottom. Only steams up now if I get in the car wet. Might also want to check the cabin air filter/pollen filter isn't dirty and also run the AC with recirculate off if possible.

You can also get windscreen anti mist spray.
I use it on the wife's Golf convertible as that suffers a lot with misted windows.