Audi A4 (B8) Rear Number plates screws

whoseline

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just discovered the bolts/screws that hold my rear number plate on my Audi A4 (2008), have rusted and seized up, which will make removing them a massive hassle.

Anyone know what bolts/screws sizes I should get? Part number would be appreciated.

Thanks,

While you have your plates off, why don't you get yourself a set of pressed aluminium ones, £20 a set from fleebay, no need to screw them back on, just use double sided tape, which some sellers provide free.
JG

Be warned you get caught with pressed plates and its a £60 fine, and if you have private plates you can loose your entilement if caught twice, it happened to me with them on my Beemer.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and fouryoghurts
I use http://www.fancyplates.com/, great for plates and they suply all the fixings both bolts and good double side tape. Clean, simple and you can tweak them ever so slightly (anyone notice the extra spaces?)

I replaced my B6 S4 rear number plate lights with stainless steel alen bolts after mine had seazed solid, i'll dig out the size and oart details as they worked a treat and becasue they were stainless they were corosion free afterwards.

IMG 3949

Reactions: Chop.
Be warned you get caught with pressed plates and its a £60 fine, and if you have private plates you can loose your entilement if caught twice, it happened to me with them on my Beemer.

I've had my pressed plates over two years, stopped twice for speeding and car checked over, no comment on the plates from Traffic Police. Plates are advertised as road legal on ebay by seller and have all the legal requirements on plates.
JG

I had the same problem the other day. I used a small cutting disc to cut a slot in the screw for a flat head screwdriver, the heat from cutting help free up the screw.

I just went to my local Audi dealer to give me replacement number plate screws for free :)

We have a serious amount of plates to choose from, colours,sizes,styles and what you put on them. People can spend heaps on them. I don't, and just have standard black on whites that are free. They are all issued via a govt dept called Roads and Maritime. These are the guys who process your ?MOT allowing you to register your car. Plates are seriously regulated and you can only get them through a motor registry office. Everything ALWAYS costs heaps when you walk into one of these places. Licences, car registration all these things. I think the plates are all pressed in one or more prison facilities. Very govt regulated from start to finish.

Gel moulded plates for me every time, seal up them holes and uses some double sided foam tape.

fullhousecustoms will sort ya out with some great plates