Lowered Suspension A6 (C6 Chassis)

Veeduber

Reaction score
How do...

Any of you folks lowered an new shape A6? Just want to know your experiencies and if you can advise a local workshop who know what they are doing at a good price (around the Harrow, West london area)

Looking to drop it by arounf 30-40mm and then shod some neat 18" rims.

i'm droppin mine myself 40mm with gas shocks all round and on 20's!!! I'll let u know how i get on.

is it a new new a6 or the 1997-2003 shape? Cos mine's now lowered, not too harder job but the only real problem was the bolt on the passenger side! right ******! 3 hours of beatin it with a lump hammer n it was out, tho my mate was a little heavy handed n bent the bolt hence 3 hours! we just decided, right it's stuck just f**kin whack it it'll come out!
Twas quite straight forward, back = 1 bolt either side, undoo bottom of shock, drop arm n change spring!
Front a little harder, in air wheel off, undo top strut bolt holding 2 top arms n remove balljoints, then undo bottom shock bolt so that bottom shock is hanging, then in engine bay undo the 3 17mm bolts (1 in bulkhead gutter), then pull the shock over the driveshaft n pull the unit out (held in by 1 circlip which just breaks off not important) then remove the arms n top cap with 13mm then if u got spring clamps compress spring n clamping the shock undo top bolt n swap over all the brakets n stuff n ur done. then just put it all back together.

Thanks guys.

Its a new shape A6 (2005)

Brembo four pots went on last weekend.
Just got some eibach springs and koni shocks to sort out the rock and roll.
Straight from Ingolstat, the 19" new shape RS4 rims have arrivied.
This weekend will be busy and then I'll take it down for a 4-wheel camber and quattor alignment to make sure everything is in check.

Will post a couple pics after.

Be well