Will a 1999 A6 tank sender unit fit a 2001 A3 please?

buel

Reaction score
Hi all.
Unfortunately the sender unit on my girlfriend's 2001 1.9 TDI non-PD 110 has failed and my friend/mechanic has a spare sender unit for a 1999 A6 1.9 TDI, please can anyone tell me if they are the same?
The reason I ask is to try and save my friend the trouble of taking the unit out of the A6.

Thank you in advance,
B

Use the parts base link in the parts number thread thats up in the stickies... you can see if the part numbers match

A lot of VAG parts are interchangeable but not convinced a fuel sender will be as the A6 is a very much larger car than the A3

<tuffty/>

Thank you so much for that. Unfortunately Im a novice when it comes to this sort of thing. Please could I ask for a little help with this?

Thank you Tuffty, appreciate it. It's not easy is it: :(
For example, in the A3 illustration, it has:
3 1J0919050 fuel delivery unit and; sender for fuel gauge; .; frt.-wh.dr.+; diesel eng.
3 8L0919050 fuel delivery unit and; sender for fuel gauge; .; frt.-wh.dr.+; diesel eng.

To me, these appear identical?

Sorry for this...

Actually it's dead simple... 1j0 is a std part prefix for mk4 chassis parts (common to golf, A3,Leon Etc...).. 8L0 is an A3 specific prefix... If you look at the A6 link you will see its prefix is 4B0... This suggests the part is platform specific and not interchangeable

<tuffty/>

Thank you for your help and time. It is appreciated!!