Bluetooth Interface

daveishere

Reaction score
Hello All,

First of all apologies as i'm new here, this is probably ground that has been well and truly covered, but couldn't find any answer via search.

Basically i've just ordered a new A3 S-Line (due start of August), and just wanted to confirm the "Bluetooth Interface" that comes as standard on the S-Line's do handsfree calling & A2DP bluetooth music streaming.

I'm pretty sure it does as I test drove an A3 before placing my order and they let me pair up my iPhone to test out the B&O speakers (which i've ordered on my car).

Anyways if anyone could confirm that would be great!

Yep it does! Works well too! I have it on mine, its standard on the S-line.

Thanks guys, thats put my mind at rest!

What actually gets sent up to the screen with bluetooth streaming? I'm upgrading from a Peugeot 208 which only shows artist, song & album as text (no album art), and it quite buggy in terms of most of the time, one/two of the three bits of info will be wrong.

Shouldn't have any problems at all. Although sometimes the artwork doesn't come across and I haven't quite figured out why (on the wife's iPhone 5).

Also if you have Spotify you can stream that over Bluetooth and get same information on the MMI. it's taken Audi a few years but they've just about ironed out all the kinks in the Bluetooth system!

Nice one, Bluetooth Streaming through the B&O speakers will be what'll get me through most long journeys so its nice to hear they've got it pretty much spot on!

Now just the 7 week wait for the vehicle to arrive!

On my A3 Sline standard MMI with B&O speakers album art isn't available when connected via Bluetooth . Track name and artist is displayed. Sound quality is good. But placing ur music on an SD card really shows off the B&O speaker system. Will also display artwork from SD card.

Read quite a bit about playing music off an SD and after having paid the money for the B&O would be good to use it to its full advantage.

I've also had the SD Nav activated, how would this work with this? Are there two SD card slots?

Assuming you can't transfer the maps data from the Audi-supplied SD card, onto a larger capacity one then load it with music as well? From what i've read, the SD cards are coded to your car and not transferrable.

Yes - two SD slots. If you have sat nav, that card goes in one slot. The other takes the music. Can't remember capacity - 64Gb I think.
I don't have sat nav, so have two sd cards of music.

Cheers, I'll grab a 64gb SD card off eBay to load music onto. Any recommended format/bitrate for the music? Mines all in iTunes so will be 256bit AAC by default.

ahh see what you mean now, although the reports suggest it only happens after a few months, and at least audi's come with a 3 year warranty.

I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Shouldn't have any problems at all. Although sometimes the artwork doesn't come across and I haven't quite figured out why (on the wife's iPhone 5).

Also if you have Spotify you can stream that over Bluetooth and get same information on the MMI. it's taken Audi a few years but they've just about ironed out all the kinks in the Bluetooth system!

I believe album artwork will only show on an iPhone if it less than 320kb in size, irrespective of dimensions. Therefore if it doesn't show on the iPhone I guess it won't come across to the MMI?

I've had no end of issues and excuses from Audi on why my Bluetooth is crap. Eventually they replaced the microphone and people started to be able to hear me!

I'm sure I read on another thread that there is a "reduced artwork" option that can be ticked which solves the artwork display issue.

Right i've just noticed on the Audi website the the standard A3 MMI supports up to a 2TB SD card...

Considering my iTunes library is 100GB, thinking of picking up a 128GB card from Amazon then copying and pasting it over.

Will this work? Some of my older stuff is protected AAC so that won't work, but in terms of folder structure (Artists, Albums etc), will all that be brought across by simply copying and pasting? If not, at least I have six weeks or so to sort it out until the car comes.

Sorry guys ignore my last post I've just searched for this subject...

Reactions: JohnM100