Having a mare with downpipe bolts on an s3.

Samuealle

Reaction score
Essentially. Whatever I'm doing they simply unwind themselves. I managed 10 miles and they seem to have dropped out again.

I'm on bolts rather than studs and nuts.

Any ideas?

Do you have enough thread to stick another nut on? or try something like this......

Attachments

• turret.jpg
    turret.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 97
OE fitment is studs and nuts... anything you use has to be the correct hardness as the heat will stretch and subsequently loosen anything thats too soft

<tuffty/>

Those were my thoughts tuffty. Id be using the ER14 turbo to manifold screws as it was when i originally got the car (well the running gear in the other car). Ive got a set of studs I can extract from a spare turbo. Worth a shot tomorrow i guess.

Bite the bullet man. I was using bolts and nothing I did stopped them coming loose or falling out every second week. Finally got oem studs and nuts. Never a problem since. Although I took the engine out to do the job

Bite the bullet man. I was using bolts and nothing I did stopped them coming loose or falling out every second week. Finally got oem studs and nuts. Never a problem since. Although I took the engine out to do the job

Might have to. Why did you do a daft thing such as that?

Well the thought of trying to insert the studs using two nuts made me a bit sick due to the lack of access. I'd say I saved time pulling the engine... Sure it's only a few bolts and pipes

Its not too hard a job whilst its in position to be honest!