Review EMUSA/eBAY 3'' Downpipe on A3 1.8 TFSI

jasso86

Reaction score
Hi forum,

I opted for a budget downpipe, 150 dls so I said what the hell, based on a review from a MK7 GTI owner. First of all, yes THE DOWNPIPE WAS PLUG AND PLAY, even-though it was made for a mk7 gti, so that confirms the compatibility.

The setup I went for is:

- 3'' Catless downpipe
- OEM Resonator
- Muffler delete
- Stock piping from resonator till back tips.

**Note: I used an o2 spacer to avoid check engine light.. let's see if this last off.

Results

Sound: I was really impressed with the sound, in idle it doesn't seem you have changed the downpipe from inside cabin. From the outside you can surely hear a nice growl. But when I hit the gas, booom, a sportier note hits you, with dsg farts all over the place. I was really not disappointed because I thought I will not be getting the dsg FARTS, but the first pop from first to second proved me wrong! It´s a really nice sounding car now, without been heard three blocks away. NO drone, also a good new. So very pleased. I´ll give it a 7/10 in loudness and 8/10 in sportiness sound (if that is the right term haha).

Performance: The first few km home I noticed more pull, not that much. I then took it at night and do more runs, well it pulls harder indeed! tires have more problem finding traction and in higher rpms it just continue pulling with more enthusiasm. My butt dyno definitely felt the difference, I can honestly say it is worthy. Maybe 10 whp 15 lbft were gained, just speculating.

So that´s it basically, a low cost performance solution for all of you.

Now some pics & videos :D

n9Qp5mv.jpg

LyeYo90.jpg

kGKg5Bc.jpg

nknBRAf.jpg

9t7OIqS.jpg

Reactions: AndyB-S3, STERLING VOID and RYuill
Quick update.. After 3500+ kilometers, still no CEL on.

Also the tone has somehow mmm refined per say.. and it pulls harder!

Great news :)

Reactions: STERLING VOID