**** Stolen S3 *****

Hiltonig

Reaction score
Hi guys

My first post, however thought you guys should know so you can protect your self against this.

Last night my house was broken into by removing an entire window down stairs and then took off with my S3 fortunately nothing else was stolen nor was anyone hurt. This happened near Peterborough so be vigilant it appears to be a mark of organised crime no DNA no finger marks were found. I've attached a picture on the off chance anyone does see it but i guess it will have false plates on it by now.

At least ill get the excitement of ordering a new S3 again!

Attachments

• IMG_3900.JPG
    IMG_3900.JPG
    330.5 KB · Views: 1,120
Gutted for you! Hope everything goes well with insurance/gap and you're not waiting too long

you happy to share this on social media? A recent car theft in Hampshire was circulated on facebook and the car was spotted in under 6 hours?

feel free to post the image anywhere its not good to me stolen! and i cant get my number plate back for 12 months!

I've shared on Facebook, with contact details of Peterborough Police. It may help

Reactions: Scottyg
Sorry to hear this...and pleased no one was hurt in the process.....and that's why I am having CCTV installed at my house in readiness for my S3.

I know I am buying a high risk steal to order car. If they want to steal it fine, they will find a way and I have insurance and GAP cover to replace the. plastic and metal. The CCTV will primarily give my family (and the car) a bit more protection when it is parked at home.

Reactions: Nimbus265
Sorry to hear this...and pleased no one was hurt in the process.....and that's why I am having CCTV installed at my house in readiness for my S3.

I know I am buying a high risk steal to order car. If they want to steal it fine, they will find a way and I have insurance and GAP cover to replace the. plastic and metal. The CCTV will primarily give my family (and the car) a bit more protection when it is parked at home.

I did exaactly the same thing.... peace of mind really

Sorry to hear the news mate, but a heads up! If this means anything to you ask a mod to change your user name 'Priory church'. Can't be too careful.

Yes, really shocking news and I feel for the OP. I was reading on another forum about various high performance cars getting jacked. Always makes for uncomfortable reading. Keyless entry and smart keys simply give tea-leafing scum another method of stealing your hard-earned pride and joy...

Reactions: Blackwhite
Just posting to say I feel your pain and bring on the RS3, get some sort of internal combustion aftermarket mod fitted, be a nice surprise for them :footy:

Sorry to hear this James, glad your looking at the silver lining though.

people go to the lengths of locking their keys away but that would only lead to confrontation then so although its not a nice experience at least, as you say no one was hurt. good luck buddy.

Yeah rotten luck James, but at least (sounds like) they didn't ransack your house as well.

I had someone break in a couple of years ago while I was asleep and take my keys and car, keys were just downstairs in the open.

Police said I should take them to bed!! er no thanks, if someone wants to get in my house at 3am when I'm asleep and drowsy, then they are welcome to the car. Of course we all have our caveman instincts to batter them over the head, but honestly, let them take it and get another one. Last thing you'd want is them coming upstairs to confront you and take the keys.

The best thing I did as a result was to fit a decent burglar alarm. Go to Screwfix and pick up a Yale wireless system. Easy to fit and will wake the dead if they tried to get in your place again.

Police said I should take them to bed!! er no thanks, if someone wants to get in my house at 3am when I'm asleep and drowsy, then they are welcome to the car. .

Agree, once they are in don't confront them and make the situation personally dangerous...

My wife walked in on a burglar several years ago and they got out through a back window as the window lock had the key in. Police said dont leave keys in locks....so only route of escape for a burglar would be past you...don think so.....my wife was extremely shocked by the experience but at least not injured in the process

Make it hard for them to get in but once they are in dont make the situation worse...I now have an alarm and getting CCTv for my S3 (to protect my family not the car) but would not hide/lock the keys away

Reactions: PrancingPanda
^

I completely agree with the above post. You can have many cars but you only have one life!

Also if you have a UPVC front door make sure you pull the handle up and lock it. If you just close it they will put pressure on the lower part of the door...then they will insert a small chisel in the door jam. They will then move it towards the lock and open the door.

This happened to me a few years ago when my A4 B7 was whisked away at 03.30! I know the time as a few weeks later I received a speeding fine .....'cause they went through a speed camera!
Luckily by chance the car was found the next day without a scratch on it!

The Police guy was quite optimistic telling me " You'll never see that car again, it's probably in France now":busted cop:

Also if you have a UPVC front door make sure you pull the handle up and lock it.

Yep, I can't believe it now to be honest, but I never did this. Just pulled the door shut every night.

Takes a few seconds to break in if you do that, as opposed a much longer and noisier job if you just pull the lever up so all 5 (or whatever) latches engage and then lock it.

They tried two houses on my estate, one they couldn't get into because the owner had done the above, but mine took them just a few seconds to get in to because I hadn't locked my door.

My insurance company were fine but I did wonder if that might invalidate my claim. Turns out as long as you're home at the time, if someone comes in to your house, then the state of your locks doesn't really matter.

If you're not there however, they wouldn't pay out from what I understand....

Agree on not taking keys to bed.
I had a gang smash the front door down and then the bedroom door to get an R32 and Cooper S Convertible a few years back.
3am on a Monday morning. Damaged my back when the bedroom door came off the frame on top of me, as I tried to keep them out.

It was a close call. And the keys weren't even in the bedroom!

Reactions: voorhees
I will put a copy in general chat of this thread to let people know also post it on the groups I use on Facebook and Instagram it to try and get it found.

I am glad your okay as Soulboy says they won't stop at using a bit of force.

Just make it a lot of trouble to get your car gates,disklok,motion lights/camera,aftermarket car alarm

Your never going to stop someone getting into your house if they are prepared to remove an entire windows, however if you're looking at replacing your windows and door then I'd seriously recommend finding a supplier who installs "Secured By Design" accredited products. This can be the difference between someone breaking into your house or the person next door's...

Reactions: voorhees
Has anyone installed a GPS tracker to their car? Or do Audi offer one?

I thought (hoped) that cars with sat navs will have some sort of "emergency" GPS function that the police/Audi/rescuers can get access to.

Of course then a lot of people would be concerned about privacy etc. In that case, best put a tin foil cap over the GPS antenna on the roof...

Don't order another S3. Now your chance to get the RS3!

Why? Less could be more, that's the feeling I am starting to get as I get near to driving the RS3. Specced the way I'd go, £47k vs £37K on an S3 and is the RS3 that much better a car? I'd love to be wrong, but I think the rS3 could just be an expensive S3, truth be told.

Horrible having your car stolen. You have my sympathies. Happened to me a few years back. Never saw the car again, thankfully I had RTI GAP.

So sorry to hear this, it make your home seem violated some what.

Get a house alarm and that gives you some comfort, was car in a garage or on the drive?

Hi guys

My first post, however thought you guys should know so you can protect your self against this.

Last night my house was broken into by removing an entire window down stairs and then took off with my S3 fortunately nothing else was stolen nor was anyone hurt. This happened near Peterborough so be vigilant it appears to be a mark of organised crime no DNA no finger marks were found. I've attached a picture on the off chance anyone does see it but i guess it will have false plates on it by now.

At least ill get the excitement of ordering a new S3 again!
sorry to hear about this , may i ask what type of insurance should one get for there s3 i am picking mine up next week and trying to find out everything before it arrives? i heard gap isurance is good would you say that good too and which company do you recommend also for safety what action would you take on your new car eg disklok tracker etc...?

sorry to hear about this , may i ask what type of insurance should one get for there s3 i am picking mine up next week and trying to find out everything before it arrives? i heard gap isurance is good would you say that good too and which company do you recommend also for safety what action would you take on your new car eg disklok tracker etc...?
Even just fitting a tracker sticker will help against theft....But you can't beat actually fitting one...
Upload 2016 10 1 10 46 30

Reactions: Pduck and S32B
This thread is almost 18 months old now :)
Even just fitting a tracker sticker will help against theft....But you can't beat actually fitting one...
View attachment 105183

I've got one on each door ;)

img_3936-jpg.100048

Reactions: pburv
I think locks for the steering wheel are easily removed nowadays @sidibear will tell you
Inconvenience the hell out of the would be thieves, locked gates,lights with independent ir sensors,camera's,steel post blocking the car in,obd immobiliser

Reactions: Daveotto and pburv
I think locks for the steering wheel are easily removed nowadays
Some are yes, others not so much:

Verdict
Three of our eight were defeated with no tools in under five seconds. For obvious reasons, we haven’t named them. But our top two stood up to over five minutes of attack, and were only removed with noisy power tools. The Disklok had the edge on security, but is heavy and awkward. Stoplock’s Pro is far more user-friendly, and at half the price, it edges the win.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/95031/steering-wheel-locks-2016-group-test

What do I use on mine? :)
img_3371-jpg.85024

Like you say, it's all about making it more difficult/time consuming for them! BUT if they want it that much they will have it.

Reactions: pburv and voorhees