acceleration issues??

hentotheree

Reaction score
I have a 2011 A3 and have noticed over the last few weeks that my car runs a little "groggy" especially in gears 3 and 4.... I changed the spark plugs hoping it was that the other weekend and the issue still seems to be there... any additional tips? She just doesn't seem to have the "go" she once did and it's very noticeable to me.

oil and fuel filter changed regularly? any issues with DPF? cant think of anything else just off the top of my head

Issues with the dpf when he changed spark plugs?

Reactions: Raffaz
what exactly do you mean by dpf? I change my oil quite frequently at least every 5k miles. I've had the car for about a year and have not changed the fuel filter yet though. Maybe I can give that a try....

Wow that is very frequent oil changes. DPF is diesel particulate filter and is the main source of a lot of ball ache in modern diesels. I assume your A3 is a diesel? You didnt actually specify?

Oh I'm sorry, no it is not the diesel version. I just printed out the directions on how to replace the fuel filter off of ALLDATAdiy.com . Have any of you used this site? I tried that "elsawin" and it was too complicated for me haha!

Another thing I tend to do which I know is not good for my car is I run the gas almost bone dry sometimes... I hear that's not a good habit. But I also during every oil change dump in a bottle of fuel injector cleaner as well so I'm hoping that it is something as simple as replacing this fuel filter.

Have you ever replaced one of these?