Speed cameras servicing log

slizza786

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all.

Today I got a letter from Thames valley police saying they caught me doing 46mph on a 40 road from the speed camera based in Slough. Now I'm pretty sure I didn't do 46 and so my mate was telling me something about how you can request from them the servicing log of the camera in question and check if it has been regularly serviced as failure of this can lead to inaccurate reading captures which is what I can raise a dispute over.

I want to try get a bit more information on this on whether its possible and how I should go about requesting this information so if anyone can shed some light I'd really appreciate it!

Not sure if it applies to vans or fixed cameras but this sometimes works with laser guns.

Friend of mine got gunned and stopped by an officer, gave him a slip etc etc. He then wrote to that police force asking for the calibration records of the gun. If I remember correctly, he didn't hear back. Wrote again, heard nothing...not sure what came of it after that.

As above, you can request a copy of the calibration certificate for a laser gun, so on that basis, there is no reason why you should not request the maintenance records for a fixed cam.
Even at an indicated 45-45 mph, you shouldn't trip a camera.

46 in a 40 shouldn't trigger a speeding fine! Speeding normally triggered at +10% +3 mph which would be 47?

A myth, there is no calculation its what the force in that area set it at.

The 10% thing is a rough guide to allow for every cars inaccurate speedo guage, but its not set in stone.

So asking for the maintenance records of the camera would be the best idea?

Thanks. I'll request for it on Friday and give an update when I hear any new.

The acpo (association of chief police officers) recommend a 10% +2 ruling. I'm not sure if this is for cameras as well but it's certainly for bobbies who catch you speeding out and about

9b72606993716b0f0473d83e96174c23.jpg

On page 2 of the fine it has given me the threshold so I'm guessing the 10% +2 doesn't apply for this area?

9b72606993716b0f0473d83e96174c23.jpg

On page 2 of the fine it has given me the threshold so I'm guessing the 10% +2 doesn't apply for this area?

Thats exactly 10% +2....

70 + 7 + 2 = 79. the lower limit for speed awareness

Thats exactly 10% +2....

70 + 7 + 2 = 79. the lower limit for speed awareness
I was assuming you can do the 10% +2 speed without having to pay a penalty or course awarenesses but from my ticket you and that threshold it looks like you have to

The 10% + 2 is the speed you can get caught at....

10% + 1 you would be safe eg 78.

Hopefully you can do a speed awareness course. I did one on Monday night.... 4 hours of my life that I will never get back -_-

Reactions: FaisalFazeli
The 10% + 2 is the speed you can get caught at....

10% + 1 you would be safe eg 78.

Its a recommendation on what forces should set it at to allow for inaccurate speedos.

Not set in stone as every type of speed camera would be set too.

People have been caught for doing 33 in a 30 plenty of times.

this wasnt the uxbridge road speed camera near sainsburys by any chance was it mate? I got flashed there and had to do a speed awareness course too, the speed camera there is painted black so cant be seen at night anymore.