1.8t sport.. Low and loud

Ahh right I get what your saying id rather take it to awesome gti or more Bhp I think because there local and heard good things about both and I'm not after ground breaking Bhp figures just want to liven the car up a bit if I can get 210 from it il be happy ..
But I only have an exhaust system which consists of 3" downpipe to 2.5" system with just a back box and then a ram air filter set up what else should I change/upgrade before the map

Ahh right I get what your saying id rather take it to awesome gti or more Bhp I think because there local and heard good things about both and I'm not after ground breaking Bhp figures just want to liven the car up a bit if I can get 210 from it il be happy ..
But I only have an exhaust system which consists of 3" downpipe to 2.5" system with just a back box and then a ram air filter set up what else should I change/upgrade before the map

You should see about 210 with no mods from stage 1 map. For full stage 2 it would be recommended to get a FMIC, you'll see good benefit from it for sure... Can make a decent enough one up for about £250

Not sure about that Ram filter as well, is it oiled or dry?

You should see about 210 with no mods from stage 1 map. For full stage 2 it would be recommended to get a FMIC, you'll see good benefit from it for sure... Can make a decent enough one up for about £250

Not sure about that Ram filter as well, is it oiled or dry?

Ahh because iv seen people recommend new DV and turbo intake pipe but don't want to spend on unnecessary mods really and I do want a front mount but have no clue where to start and don't want to it on show if want it hidden behind the bumper

Also from memory I think the filter was dry..
The car seems to rev more freely now both the exhaust and filter are fitted certainly sounds better aha

Ahh because iv seen people recommend new DV and turbo intake pipe but don't want to spend on unnecessary mods really and I do want a front mount but have no clue where to start and don't want to it on show if want it hidden behind the bumper

Also from memory I think the filter was dry..
The car seems to rev more freely now both the exhaust and filter are fitted certainly sounds better aha

An oversized TIP might help a little on the dyno, you'll be fine without so long as there's no holes in the standard one!? . . Also standard DV is fine for stage 2 so long as it's still working properly, which a lot aren't at this age!

If you want to test your DV take it off, poke something up the bottom (naughty!) to push the piston in, put your thumb where the vac hose usually goes to create a seal and release the piston... If it returns it's feked, if it sucks on your thump then it's ok

You're half way to going stage 2 with the mods you have. A FMIC would be a good choice, a stealth install is definitely possible; if not a little tricky.

If you're going that far then you might as well get a supersize TIP, frees up the flow on the intake side and is proven to increase power. As for recirc valves you need anymore than an OEM valve, if you want to freshen it up for a new OEM valve go for it. But an aftermarket one won't really give you any more than a shiny valve under the bonnet.

You're half way to going stage 2 with the mods you have. A FMIC would be a good choice, a stealth install is definitely possible; if not a little tricky.

If you're going that far then you might as well get a supersize TIP, frees up the flow on the intake side and is proven to increase power. As for recirc valves you need anymore than an OEM valve, if you want to freshen it up for a new OEM valve go for it. But an aftermarket one won't really give you any more than a shiny valve under the bonnet.

Yeah I was told I was into stage 2 with an oversized tip, ramair panel filter (dry foam, and a downpipe and decat, I have no idea what bhp I'll get but if I get 200 I'll be pretty pleased

The efficiency of the standard SMIC is questionable at stage1, let alone 2... Data log any stage 2 car with standard SMIC and even with ambient temps in their teens you really wont have to do much to get AITs into the 60's.

It's fine and perfectly safe as the ECU pulls timing when AITs reach 35°, but AITs that high are obviously not going to be good for power, no will pulled timing!

The efficiency of the standard SMIC is questionable at stage1, let alone 2... Data log any stage 2 car with standard SMIC and even with ambient temps in their teens you really wont have to do much to get AITs into the 60's.

It's fine and perfectly safe as the ECU pulls timing when AITs reach 35°, but AITs that high are obviously not going to be good for power, no will pulled timing!
I am going to get a fmic, but I don't know what to get first, suspension, clutch and flywheel or the intercooler, what would you suggest.

Hmm looks like I ideally need a front mount then and I don't get why the turbo intake pipes are so expensive? I'm pretty sure my standard dv works fine but I'd check before the map obviously.
I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to mechanics I can replace parts easily enough but actually fitting a new front mount I can imagine being a struggle that's why I haven't gone for it and the car was cheap so don't want to spend double the money on mods (even though I'm nearly there) :kissmyrings: Ahaha

You can get a turbo intake pipe from r-tech for £110 delivered, when you see it you'll see why it costs so much, anyway I'm down at r-tech now getting the map done I'll let you know how it goes. Got here to find a split boost pipe, how annoying.

Reactions: VAG-Slag
Okay sound may look into iv read online that they don't actually give any notable gains but heard mixed reviews on them so not sure what to do really and how did it go at r tech?

Okay sound may look into iv read online that they don't actually give any notable gains but heard mixed reviews on them so not sure what to do really and how did it go at r tech?
Right, my experience at r-tech was a good one, niki gower and the guys where really friendly, and a bloke named Ben even drove my dad and the missis to the pub because they didn't want to stay and listen to lots of noise, sorry I was mistaken it wasn't a boost pipe it was the crack breather pipe so nothing serious.
The mapping began, I didn't know what to expect but it was load and stunk of exhaust fumes. Anyway the car made 226bhp and 263ftlb torque, I left my ****** receipt and dyno printout there, I went back for it but they'd already locked up so I'll get them to post it to me.
I cannot believe how much more power the car has got it had totally transformed it, the missus was like f**king hell, it was funny I left this mk5 golf gti eating dust on the way back. It was £250 of my missis money well spent.
I can see why people get there cars remapped.

Ahh that's good service then! I'd be happy with 220 what other mods do you have on yours ?

Ahh that's good service then! I'd be happy with 220 what other mods do you have on yours ?
Turbo intake pipe, ramair panel filter, 3" downpipe and decat, that's it for mods, but I did have the sai removed, n249 bypass and pcv simplify and oil catch can added, r-tech recommended this to allow the engine to breath better and so there is less pipe work to cause leaks. Oh but with the added power you will definitely need to upgrade your brakes and I would do it before the remap

That's sound then I may not bother with the front mount first just get my car mapped an see how it performs but yea il deffo be updating the brakes for 312mm ones
Cheers

That's sound then I may not bother with the front mount first just get my car mapped an see how it performs but yea il deffo be updating the brakes for 312mm ones
Cheers
Yeah you won't need the fmic straight away, but after the remap you might want to consider a fmic or even a larger SMIC, either will help to keep things cooler. But honestly you won't believe the difference, it's even better when you don't know what to expect, just like me.

Yea iv seen the forge twintercooler thing if they can be bought for a 1.8t ?
And yea my mates have a 210bhp 1.8t and a stage 2 polo 9n3 gti an can feel the difference definitely..
Gonna have to get mine done end of this month and my service is due so will get that done first and I had a breather replaced last year so may be the one you had to change

Need to get all my niggly problems fixed before I can think about getting it mapped which I want to do but a lot of little things add up to one big job..
Going to get a quote from a body shop today when my dad takes his t4 in to be sprayed and have bits fitted.

Any way went all types a few weeks back so here's some pics

Just a random one after a drive

Need to get all my niggly problems fixed before I can think about getting it mapped which I want to do but a lot of little things add up to one big job..
Going to get a quote from a body shop today when my dad takes his t4 in to be sprayed and have bits fitted.

Any way went all types a few weeks back so here's some pics

Just a random one after a drive
I must say I do like your A3 very clean example from the outside, unlike mine with scrapes here and there, not caused by me may I add, and I've received even more in the last couple of months since owning her, people for some reason like to open there doors on to her body work and scrape down the side while they park, so for me I look for performance rather than aesthetics, so people will look and go what a s**t heap but the thing is this s**t just burned them up, but still nice looking motor.

Cheers for the kind words aha iv burnt the paint from my near side rear arch and rear boot plinth is bubbling and the side has a slight scuff on it but as you say got loads of car park dings and that :sign unfair:

honestly forget about the body so much as from the pictures it looks good enough on the eye, and get a remap done, you will definitely not be disappointed, people will tell you how much of a difference it makes but until you get it done you just won't understand.

SO GET ON IT!!!!

Yea I know what you mean but need a fair few jobs doing first the car feels terrible at the moment and got nocks from what I think is a worn dog bone mount and need wishbone bushes replacing but can't do them myself or else I would aha
Driven my mates 220bhp golf an can 100% tell I need a map aha!

Yea I know what you mean but need a fair few jobs doing first the car feels terrible at the moment and got nocks from what I think is a worn dog bone mount and need wishbone bushes replacing but can't do them myself or else I would aha
Driven my mates 220bhp golf an can 100% tell I need a map aha!
Dog bone mount is cheap cheap, wishbones on the other hand can be a bit but pricey, do you know what your gonna go for OE, powerflex or super pro? Super pro look really good, there is a you tube comparison, plus there about £80 cheaper, luckily for me I have a mate who's a mechanic who works at vw, he does work for me cheap, he's fitting my coilover kit and cold side dv relocation kit on Monday

I can do most jobs myself line fitting exhaust and coilovers all relatively easy but never done bushes and understand you need a press to get them in and out ? My step bros a mechanic of 20 years but he seems reluctant to waste his Saturdays on my car

I can do most jobs myself line fitting exhaust and coilovers all relatively easy but never done bushes and understand you need a press to get them in and out ? My step bros a mechanic of 20 years but he seems reluctant to waste his Saturdays on my car
Even better for you then, some brotherly love there then, so what bushes you gonna use?

Even better for you then, some brotherly love there then, so what bushes you gonna use?
How low is your car dude?, do you suffer from any rubbing?and did you climb a tree to take that second photo?

Yea he's a good help! And iv heard good things about super pro and also bad reviews of power flex so not so sure really..
And I'm pretty much all the way down with no helpers in and no rubbing on the front only rubs on rear with 4 people in

Yea he's a good help! And iv heard good things about super pro and also bad reviews of power flex so not so sure really..
And I'm pretty much all the way down with no helpers in and no rubbing on the front only rubs on rear with 4 people in
Wow, what's the ride like that low, I'll be definitely using superpro

The ride isn't too bad I don't think but I did come from a 6n polo with cheap coilovers on and will have to look at them

And also I didn't climb a tree one of the girls had a selfie stick :tearsofjoy: I wasn't taking a selfie so it's okay aha going to a local place to quote for a remap and other parts tomorrow so In the near future I should be above 210hp with the mods I have need 312mm brakes next and a tt or s3 arb I believe ? Instead of buying a different car I want to improve this and eventually push for 300hp as I feel a fairly ordinary looking car pushing that power will be a laugh

Went to get my dad from dropping his t4 off for a respray an other bits and got a quote for tidying up my a3 and painting and fitting an s3 spoiler
Looking for a splitter to improve the front may have to be a leon one as can't see why else will look good

Good photo location though
Also thinking of buying the forge quick shifter which makes the throw of the gear lever shorter (had a go in my mates mk4 gti with it fitted) bit odd to get used to though

Cheers

And also I didn't climb a tree one of the girls had a selfie stick :tearsofjoy: I wasn't taking a selfie so it's okay aha going to a local place to quote for a remap and other parts tomorrow so In the near future I should be above 210hp with the mods I have need 312mm brakes next and a tt or s3 arb I believe ? Instead of buying a different car I want to improve this and eventually push for 300hp as I feel a fairly ordinary looking car pushing that power will be a laugh

Went to get my dad from dropping his t4 off for a respray an other bits and got a quote for tidying up my a3 and painting and fitting an s3 spoiler
Looking for a splitter to improve the front may have to be a leon one as can't see why else will look good

Good photo location though
Also thinking of buying the forge quick shifter which makes the throw of the gear lever shorter (had a go in my mates mk4 gti with it fitted) bit odd to get used to though

Cheers
Ah selfie stick, that thing was long as a tree then, mega extendable, remember when you get the remap make sure it's custom, also why a forge quick shifter I'm pretty sure you can the same cheaper just without the name written on it, try creation motorsport I think they do one for about £40 I think it does look slightly different from forges but if it does the same think for half the money it's a bonus, have a look and see what you think, the rest of the money can go towards your mapping.

Ah selfie stick, that thing was long as a tree then, mega extendable, remember when you get the remap make sure it's custom, also why a forge quick shifter I'm pretty sure you can the same cheaper just without the name written on it, try creation motorsport I think they do one for about £40 I think it does look slightly different from forges but if it does the same think for half the money it's a bonus, have a look and see what you think, the rest of the money can go towards your mapping.
I'm also considering changing my arb but I was told by tuffty I'd need different droplinks to use it, there is a TT one on eBay at the minute, but it now price £50, yeah I know what you mean by wanting to get as much power from these cars, but I'm afraid it starts getting serious money very very soon

I'm also considering changing my arb but I was told by tuffty I'd need different droplinks to use it, there is a TT one on eBay at the minute, but it now price £50, yeah I know what you mean by wanting to get as much power from these cars, but I'm afraid it starts getting serious money very very soon
That arb is sold I just checked

Been a while since I updated this but a few small changes have happened.
Test fit of spoiler, ignore my burnt arch now the plates are on it won't catch with people in I also plan on dropping the rear to match the front.

Still amazed at the difference these made

• LCR splitter fitted
  • S3 spoiler being painted as I type
  • Polybushed bits, rear beam,wishbones,10mm smaller top mounts,dog bone mount bush
  • New dog bone mount (cracked old one)
  • Audi Centre caps
  • creation Motorsport centering plates
First of all cannot believe the difference the new bushes have made so much more direct in bends
Next things on my list are uprated brakes of some kind and then a remap and drop the rear.
Any comments or criticism welcomed
Cheers

Just seen this, I really like the look of this I gotta say! Loving the wheels, they look really good

Cheers for the kind words it's been a good car so far as for the wheels I like then just wish they were more concaved and need refurbing aha

Bit of an update..
Had the car remapped few weeks back got to say it's made a big difference, but a problem seemingly hidden until being mapped appeared. The boost was fluctuating whilst accelerating which turned out to be a faulty n75 valve so a drive to psi tuning and 2 minutes to install everything was even better than before.
Also fitted some mtec 312mm discs and mintex pads, far better than my 288mm worn originals and also look better
Running out of things I can thing to change/improve except an s3,LCR steering rack as mine has developed a noise which isn't ideal.

Also had the s3 spoiler painted and then I fitted it since last update

Cheers

Looking good mate

What power you making after remap,

Looking good mate

What power you making after remap,
Nice one.. Not sure but i pulled on my mates standard leon cupra r and ruined a ep3 type r so happy with it, my mate said should expect around 220 ish need to get it on rollers but would have to higher it aha