Are Audi's known for using a lot of oil?

I wouldn't worry mine was about the same mileage when it wanted a Ltr of oil. The min mark means you can add a Ltr!

I don't always drive hard, mostly just chug along quite sensibly (maybe a little fast more often than not but not redlining), every few days (2 or 3 times a week) I do get to redline and kick the **** out of it and give it a good work out :) checked my oil today (car has 4000 miles after 3 months) not used any oil (about 3-4 mm under full being totally honest) and it's still yellow/clear which surprised me.

Is there a definitive list of cars and specific engine this is related to?

My 2017 1.4 COD has done just over 4000 miles, and the dipstick showed the level was on the minimum. Had to put 1 litre in to get it to the maximum level. On a side note, my local Sainsburys is selling 2 litre can of its 'own brand' 5w30 oil that meets standard VW 504 for only £12 - should I get this or stick to well known brands like castrol???

My 1.4 cod is on 9k and hasn’t used a drop

My 2017 1.4 COD has done just over 4000 miles, and the dipstick showed the level was on the minimum. Had to put 1 litre in to get it to the maximum level. On a side note, my local Sainsburys is selling 2 litre can of its 'own brand' 5w30 oil that meets standard VW 504 for only £12 - should I get this or stick to well known brands like castrol???

Not particularly cheap , but nothing wrong with it , made by Tetrosyl as is Asda , Tesco , ECP Triple QX , G Force and Carlube .

Better buy is VW's own oil who's specification it is , Quantum LongLife III and now made by Fuchs .

Mine hasn't used any oil in 37k miles.

Wish I could say the same for the coolant lol.