Indicator stalk dis button

MarcA3Turbo

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post in here, just picked up a 1.8t B7 Avant last week, delighted so far. One odd thing though; the indicator stalk is missing the rocker button at the end of the stalk and Reset button to control the dis (mpg, journey time etc.) The dis only displays km's left until I need to refuel. Can't figure why this is the case or why someone would replace the regular stalk with one without the buttons. Am I missing something, i.e. is there another way to scroll through the dis that I haven't spotted yet?

Thanks in advance

You'll find that a large number of B7's (I was going to say most but cant comment on just how many) don't have the trip computer / DIS enabled as standard.

It is one of the most baffling things I've ever seen to be honest - even my 25 year old mk2 golf came with a trip computer - never mind a 'high end' car less than 10 years old.

Anyways - it is a fairly straight forward thing to rectify. Essentially all you need to do is buy a replacement stalk (which can be had for about £15 on ebay) and have the DIS switched on via VCDS.

There are quite a few 'how-to' guides on here which go in to more detail about it :)

Reactions: MarcA3Turbo
Legend, I already spotted that the stalks were easily had so I'll pick one up, cheers

Oh yeah, and obviously I meant wiper stalk, not indicator stalk :) Thanks again

No worries - one from a B6 or B7 will do fine - just make sure you buy one that's for an avant though, as the saloon one doesn't have the rear wiper on it :)

Reactions: MarcA3Turbo