Footwell lights led problem

Vitamin

Reaction score
Ordered a complete package for A3 / S3
My car is s3 2009

Have read here that. Pre 11MY cars do not support the standard OEM part lights

$_57.JPG

3AD 947 409
Have done all the coding in vcds, but only get error.

1 Faults Found:
00061 - Footwell Lights
010 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent

Is it possible to get these to work? Or do I need to buy other lights , which in that case ?

I bought leds for mine.. Created the loom myself though.. Its possible because mine work, anything other than that I can't help as it was a while ago and I can't remember..

Cheeck your wiring then your coding..

Check the earth?
you might need to add a standard 501 to the wiring otherwise the car will switch these off quite quickly.

Check the earth?
you might need to add a standard 501 to the wiring otherwise the car will switch these off quite quickly.

Coding and earth is correct, what is a standard 501?

Yes!

In the DIY guide for retro fit foot weel lights i just read:

Are the LEDs error free versions? Pre 11MY cars don't support standard oem led lights - you will need error free led bulbs.

501 is just a bulb. push fit one. just search 501 on ebay.

it might solve your problem of it switching off quickly.

Not enough current draw on the circuit . Easiest way is to connect to the interior illumination switch .

Vitamin, I had the same issue, I have no option to turn off LED monitoring on a 2007 A3, fitted a resistor until I get the error free versions.

Hello!
I have some problems too. I installed led footwell lights, and have fault code 00061 too.
But i have the option on vcds to inactive lamp cold diagnosis for footwell lights, but if i check it, i cant code it. It tells me coding rejected, error 31 : request out of range.
Pilt1
Pilt2

Do i need to add resistor? Or can i code it?

I have upgrade bulbs for these little dim LEDs if someone wants to try, full refund if they don't work.

I used the LEDs you sent me, the ones that go in the OEM footwell/Puddle lights. Just had to bend the pins out. Work a treat!

Reactions: t8ups
make sure that at least both lights are installed and try to clear codes

Some cars will NOT support OEM lights and will come on for a second and then go off. You need error free LED bulbs - the amount of members who buy these cheap kits off eBay and have the same issue is becoming quite high and these eBay adverts need to be more clear!