Brake light on boot

gallifreyangirl

Reaction score
My brake light on my Audi A3 has gone in the top of the boot only part of its working. I gave a five door facelift 2002 and found one on flea bay for a 3 door 1999. Would thus work on mine of was it changed on the facelift. Thanks

I would but the high brake light in the car is meant to be a right pain as its a strip with loads of tiny little bulbs. I was told the best thing is a new light strip for the break light top. Sorry if I am being dumb so wondered if the facelift and pre facelift had stayed the same or changed.

jesus are you thinking of changing the door for a blown bulb?

No just buying a second hand strip taking old out and putting new in. Is it easy than to replace the bulbs in the high end brake light.

ah right sorry mate I have no idea, you could find out looking through the parts database in the stickies to see if there are different parts for different model cars, otherwise I'm sure someone will tell you.

I just change the bulbs too, no need to change the whole strip light, it's not a hard job at all so you've been misinformed.
Once you recieve the ordered strip light you can quickly work out how to take your existing one apart, easy job, honest.

I changed all the bulbs on mine... was some time back so don't remember what type they were off hand but they a little push ones.... had to clean the contacts to get some working again too... if going to the effort of removing the third brake light then its best to replace the bulbs to prevent this happening again else you are just replacing a worn part with a potentially worn part

<tuffty/>