Monsoon Grey

Palacemads3

Reaction score
I'm preparing for a bit of detailing work this week. This might sound a daft question but would propel on here consider monsoon grey a light or dark colour??

If you mean for the type of wax, I would class it as a dark colour. Looks darker in metal then most photos tbh.

On the fence with this question,Dark side.............."No luke, use the Force"...LOL...Not A dark of shade of Grey...but there's 50 Shades of it,so the Mrs TELLS ME.............lol

I'd say dark also.

As an example, Poorboys Black Hole scratch filler & sealant is for dark colours and the stuff itself is grey; not that far off Monsoon.

Reactions: elpaulio
Poorboys Black Hole scratch filler & sealant is for dark colours
I've seen that advertised a few times, is it good stuff?

I did consider getting some, but I've now done the entire car with Farecla G3 super gloss paste wax, so wondered if it's worth it...or is it a product used before applying any wax???

Monsoon is a mid tone, definitely not dark. Don't use any black hole as its a filler for seriously dark paints. I'd stick with an acrylic solution like carlack or werkstatt if you can get hold of any.

I've seen that advertised a few times, is it good stuff?
Can't comment as have only recently tried it. The real test is how durable it is after multiple washes, but also depends on the wax - see below. That said, it's a filler so is no magic cure.

I did consider getting some, but I've now done the entire car with Farecla G3 super gloss paste wax, so wondered if it's worth it...or is it a product used before applying any wax???

It's a pre-wax sealant with fillers so probably not worth it until you need to re-wax.

Monsoon is a mid tone, definitely not dark. Don't use any black hole as its a filler for seriously dark paints.

Curious - can you clarify your rationale for this? Black Hole itself is grey; squeeze some out of the bottle and hold next to the grey paintwork and it is a fair colour match.

John.

Reactions: S32B
Can't comment as have only recently tried it. The real test is how durable it is after multiple washes, but also depends on the wax - see below. That said, it's a filler so is no magic cure.

It's a pre-wax sealant with fillers so probably not worth it until you need to re-wax.

Curious - can you clarify your rationale for this? Black Hole itself is grey; squeeze some out of the bottle and hold next to the grey paintwork and it is a fair colour match.

John.

57522be8771176cf9135d3fed98ae1df.jpg

I've used it for years on the following cars and it does a decent job:

Carbon black M3
Carbon black 320d
Phantom black A4

I also used it on these cars and it simply isn't as effective:

Lava grey A3
Palace blue TT

This works wonders on black paints, or rich and deep colours. Monsoon isn't rich or deep.

We have a Daytona s3 which I use carlack, with Menzerna power finish and topped with Zymol glasur wax.

That's my rationale.

As you have a bottle then am sure you will agree it is grey.

I'll put more trust in your personal experience trying it on 'non dark' grey cars than the text on the bottle.

That said, Would white diamond be better?

John.